IGNORED

Walk To Wembley

Donkeeebles

That's a fantastic effort.

Will you be wearing anything to be identified on Wembley way as you complete your challenge?

I will pledge you a donation but won't have any money to give until the day so will have to be a cash deposit to your good self.

Best of luck to you and the rest taking part. It's one of the best things you can do in your life to help someone less fortunate. Much respect.

Thanks. We will be wearing yellow T-Shirts or Hoodies with the companies that have sponsored us. If you're wondering why yellow it's because certain councils insisted we wear hi viz vests and it was thought that wouldn't be very comfortable so went for this option.

Actually it surprising what obstacles Scott of the Darren Wright Foundation has had trying to organise this walk. The initial date of the walk was cancelled because the Metropolitan police wouldn't give us permission to walk on those dates, fortunately that worked in our favour as City got to Wembley just after so it was changed to match that. We can't collect with buckets in certain council areas and others we can. We can't collect with buckets at the stadium, Wembley Stadium gave us permission to do that, Wembley Council gave us permission to do that but the football league said we couldn't so that went out the window.

Anyway thanks for your kind words City1984 and any donation at any stage would be gratefully received.

COYR

Very disappointing from the football league. Any reason given for this. Maybe you should contact johnstones for a sponsor and a push on the bucket collections from them to the football league.

Any ideal on your eta to Wembley way as I will happily be there to greet and donate what I can with a couple of others.

After explaining to my boy about Oskar, he has decided he would also like to make a donation from his piggy bank so there will be 3 generations of us donating.

Very disappointing from the football league. Any reason given for this. Maybe you should contact johnstones for a sponsor and a push on the bucket collections from them to the football league.

Any ideal on your eta to Wembley way as I will happily be there to greet and donate what I can with a couple of others.

After explaining to my boy about Oskar, he has decided he would also like to make a donation from his piggy bank so there will be 3 generations of us donating.

Writing to Johnstones Paint is a brilliant shout. I'll gladly do it on your behalf if you like?

Chris

Just made a donation (Rob)

Any idea what time you and Oskar will be walking up Wembley Way ? Let us know - because I think a few hundred City fans should line the way each side and clap you in to the Stadium.

i would think it would be more than a few hundred, well done guys hats off to you

Chris

Any idea what time you and Oskar will be walking up Wembley Way ? Let us know - because I think a few hundred City fans should line the way each side and clap you in to the Stadium.

Superb ideal. Each mail sky sports to give it some coverage with the guard of honour singing , there's only one Oskar Pykcroft.

It's something to do with Oscars collection clashing with the Football leagues charity.

Regarding our arrival time Oscar has to be at the stadium by 12oclock at the latest for his mascot duties. At a guess I would say between 11am and 12 but I can post the night before something more accurate when we know exactly how far we have left to walk on the Sunday.

That's amazing about your son. My daughter came in to me one night and said she wanted to donate to Oskars fund as well. It melts your heart.

Writing to Johnstones Paint is a brilliant shout. I'll gladly do it on your behalf if you like?

I know Scott has been contacting anyone he can think of, he may have already contacted them but even if he has it can't hurt to contact them again. It would be great if you could please fella

Chris

Rob

Firstly Thank you so much for your kind donation. Really appreciate it mate.

Regarding the time I've posted above.

This walk is going to be a killer for pretty much all of us. More than half of us are in our forties so the thought of fella fans clapping us it would be a huge motivational factor and make such a difference. With Oskar out in front I think it would be quite emotional.

I've had a donation from Phil an Ex Royal Navy Engineer. If you read this could you reply or pm me please. I'd really like to thank you for your donation.

Phil

Saw your msg (Unfortunately I haven't worked out how to reply to msgs on the just giving page)

Did make me laugh when I read it, sorry about the extra word I added :laugh:. I am thinking if everytime I get your job title wrong your going to donate again maybe I should get it wrong a few more times ;-)

Anyway you're a top man, thanks again

Chris

Archived