IGNORED

Preston Tickets (Merged)

QA22

Mine arrived in the post 4 days after buying it over the phone - always had decent service in that regard...

Ditto.... whichever administration assistant sends the tickets out ought be promoted and take over the entire ticketing operation.

Mine arrived in the post 4 days after buying it over the phone - always had decent service in that regard...

Same. And I've always been impressed with the folk answering the phones - if I can get through.

I was at Deepdale a few weeks ago for an event and I can confirm that the netting on the front rows is still there and looks permanent. 

Looking forward to it.

I take it row 1 is at the front right? How come it only goes back 13 rows, I'm fairly sure their away end is a lot taller than that?

Are you looking at the chart on the ticket site?  I think that is a load of old bolly wallies - unless the Preston stand is identical to the Oldham one...............................

Are you looking at the chart on the ticket site?  I think that is a load of old bolly wallies - unless the Preston stand is identical to the Oldham one...............................

Yeah worked that out now! Would prefer to sit a bit further back if possible, guess I'd have to ring up for that? Settled for row 12 from 13, 100% certain it goes far further back than that! Oh well...

Ditto.... whichever administration assistant sends the tickets out ought be promoted and take over the entire ticketing operation.

I have never found a problem with the ticketing staff per se, they have always been very friendly and helpful.

It is the IT which is an issue, they do not seem to do proper walk through testing (or maybe not even any testing, but I find that hard to believe).  The system clearly wasn't ready for go live on Wednesday; but they have known for a year that selling 15/16 season tickets is going to be a complicated process so why they weren't ready for it baffles me.

I know a lot of us on here have had control of IT or worked in senior IT project positions; I, for one, would have been ashamed to have gone live with that shambles yesterday.  I hope Andrew Billingham is bringing some accountability into the backroom services management.

I have never found a problem with the ticketing staff per se, they have always been very friendly and helpful.

It is the IT which is an issue, they do not seem to do proper walk through testing (or maybe not even any testing, but I find that hard to believe).  The system clearly wasn't ready for go live on Wednesday; but they have known for a year that selling 15/16 season tickets is going to be a complicated process so why they weren't ready for it baffles me.

I know a lot of us on here have had control of IT or worked in senior IT project positions; I, for one, would have been ashamed to have gone live with that shambles yesterday.  I hope Andrew Billingham is bringing some accountability into the backroom services management.

While the IT system is a major issue, the whole ticketing system is an absolute farce.

If you wanted to design the most complex, customer-unfriendly system for POTD you'd struggle to beat that employed at Ashton Gate. The ticket release strategy is badly thought through ... Bristol Rugby season tickets released on sale at the sometime as ours, day's of release of major games tickets on sale clash between priority groups, the phone system is absolutely abysmal.... the list goes on and on. This isn't recent, the problems have existed for years... apart from a slight blip of improvement about 3-4 years back.

Only the customer-facing people... those manning the phones, dispatching the tickets save the situation from being a total, utter disaster.

Never mind, we get our Club's annual promise that things will improve .. but they never do. Part of the Club's DNA I fear.

Archived