IGNORED

Promotion At The Swindon Game

DC Red

There is also a scenario which could see us be crowned league champions at Deepdale, but includes all of the above plus Preston losing to either Fleetwood or Rochdale and ourselves winning four on the spin including at Deepdale.

My guess is we'll win the league and be confirmed champions v Coventry at Home.

Thinking about it, I would love it, but I can't really see it happening v Swindon, it's a bit too soon, and too many results have to go our way. If we can avoid defeat against Swindon Preston and Bradford I reckon the Coventry game might do it. Those 3 games will be super tough, anything more than 3 draws would be huge. The permutations change after every round of games though, exciting times!

Promotion won't be at Swindon because the Doncaster - MK Dons game has been postponed due to international call ups. That means that irrespective of the result in the Swindon - MK game, one or other of them could always mathematically match or better our points.

The earliest we can be promoted is against Preston.

http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/donny-clash-postponed-mk-dons-v-doncaster-rovers-football-postponement-mk-dons-postponed-2354609.aspx

Promotion won't be at Swindon because the Doncaster - MK Dons game has been postponed due to international call ups. That means that irrespective of the result in the Swindon - MK game, one or other of them could always mathematically match or better our points.

The earliest we can be promoted is against Preston.

http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/donny-clash-postponed-mk-dons-v-doncaster-rovers-football-postponement-mk-dons-postponed-2354609.aspx

Well spotted - impressive research.

Actually, promotion could still take place on April 7, provided MK Dons beat Swindon on April 4 and then fail to beat S'thorpe on April 7.  The rest is in our control. 

Beating Barnsley, Oldham and Swindon would mean promotion.

Wouldn't it be nice to have beating Swindon = Promotion, followed in the next game, beating Preston = Champions.

Obsessed

Obsession is winning a league game mid November and celebrating like you have won the league.

Needless to say the team on the receiving end has kicked on since and has a healthy lead at the top.

We have every right to wish promotion against you lot as football has a way of biting you on the backside.

Well spotted - impressive research.

Actually, promotion could still take place on April 7, provided MK Dons beat Swindon on April 4 and then fail to beat S'thorpe on April 7.  The rest is in our control. 

Beating Barnsley, Oldham and Swindon would mean promotion.

Wouldn't it be nice to have beating Swindon = Promotion, followed in the next game, beating Preston = Champions.

Yes, I hadn't thought of that, it would be possible for us to be promoted in that sort of situation. Although, I have to say, part of me would prefer at the end of a game we are actually playing so that the fans might be there and celebrate it. Couldn't help thinking during the Six Nations on Saturday that it must have been really frustrating for the Ireland fans to have to wait until the end of the England game to really celebrate.

Yes, I hadn't thought of that, it would be possible for us to be promoted in that sort of situation. Although, I have to say, part of me would prefer at the end of a game we are actually playing so that the fans might be there and celebrate it. Couldn't help thinking during the Six Nations on Saturday that it must have been really frustrating for the Ireland fans to have to wait until the end of the England game to really celebrate.

Both games kick off at the same time on April 7 (7:45pm).

ideal scenario for me would be promotion against Swindon and winning the title at any game except Cov as i am on a stag do.

Drop a pm to David Lloyd. That way the club might throw the game against Coventry for a date that is convenient for you.

Archived