IGNORED

Top Trumps

ciderbeans

As the general consensus is that we had picked the best players in league one at will last summer, if we continued in similar vein, who out of the current crop of best league one/two players would you buy for city this summer, that would either improve the squad and would be able to step up to the next level or be for the future?

Players like Ben Reeves, Ben Pringle (when Rotherham go down), Daniel Bentley, Curtis Nelson, Diego di Girolamo, Bradley dack, etc etc

Just bored so wanted to see who people were interested in as potential future recruitments.

As the general consensus is that we had picked the best players in league one at will last summer, if we continued in similar vein, who out of the current crop of best league one/two players would you buy for city this summer, that would either improve the squad and would be able to step up to the next level or be for the future?

If we continue in a similar vein wouldn't we be cherry picking Championship players?

Ben Reeves, Yaser Kasim, Jed Wellace, Nathan Byrne, Romain Sawyers have all looked like the type of players I'd like to see us try and sign.

I was only saying to my brother on Sunday that I would like to see us in for Sawyers. Not sure why, just seems to have something about him.

If we continue in a similar vein wouldn't we be cherry picking Championship players?

Things is we're one of the biggest clubs in league one but one of the smallest in the championship so no chance unfortunately.

A few players -

Joe Garner - best striker below the championship

Nathan Byrne - could rotate him with Little, gets lots of assists

Daniel Bentley - seems like a great prospect

Loungo - is meant to be the best midfielder in the league

I know we couldn't afford Garner or Loungo but it's just players I'd like to see added.

I was only saying to my brother on Sunday that I would like to see us in for Sawyers. Not sure why, just seems to have something about him.

Sawyers? Seriously?

I've seen 180 minutes of him against us this season and he's performed for about five minutes. His work rate make Jet on a bad day look like Danny Welbeck.

Honestly, I'd rather sign Tom Sawyer.

Things is we're one of the biggest clubs in league one but one of the smallest in the championship so no chance unfortunately.

A few players -

Joe Garner - best striker below the championship

Nathan Byrne - could rotate him with Little, gets lots of assists

Daniel Bentley - seems like a great prospect

Loungo - is meant to be the best midfielder in the league

I know we couldn't afford Garner or Loungo but it's just players I'd like to see added.

Why would we want a striker that's the best below championship?

I think Bradley Dack was decent against us, I like the work rate of Marshall the guy who scored against us for port vale, Vicenti & Bennett of Rochdale also impressed. While the Crawley GK pulled off some blinding saves against us (can't re his name)

The notable one that I think we could actually get for me would be Tom Bradshaw. Having said that I reckon James Baxendale could develop into a good player.

And on the subject of top trumps, should get Bristol City to produce a set with current and former players.

Players like Ben Reeves, Ben Pringle (when Rotherham go down), Daniel Bentley, Curtis Nelson, Diego di Girolamo, Bradley dack, etc etc

Just bored so wanted to see who people were interested in as potential future recruitments.

Have not seen any of them play more than once, so cannot make an informed decision?

Are you a scout, or are we in FM land?

I think Bradley Dack was decent against us, I like the work rate of Marshall the guy who scored against us for port vale, Vicenti & Bennett of Rochdale also impressed. While the Crawley GK pulled off some blinding saves against us (can't re his name)

Really liked Vincenti, he looked good on the ball and his movement off the ball to find space is as good as I have seen this season. Also on another day with a bit of luck he could have scored a hat trick, good free kick hit the bar, quality header met by a great save, and one he miss hit. As a player he looked a good fit, but we all know that SC seems as concerned with how they fit from a character point of view, which probably means a bit more research than the general fan is capable of.

Dack and Vincenti were two names that came to mind for me also

Is Dack related to the Dack who has taken over from Edinburgh at Newport, does anyone know??

Sawyers? Seriously?

I've seen 180 minutes of him against us this season and he's performed for about five minutes. His work rate make Jet on a bad day look like Danny Welbeck.

Honestly, I'd rather sign Tom Sawyer.

Sawyers was great at their place but woeful on Sunday; then again, they all were. Rumoured to be tracked by Prem clubs so can't be that bad.

If Preston miss out we have to look at Garner. He's fantastic and could be good in the league above too.

The question not about us being able to "afford" a player, because we can. It's about us paying what a player is worth.

garner has struggled every season that he has played in the championship so far, I think there would be better options out there

I know he is not a league 1 or 2 player, but the best player I have seen down the gate in the last few years, other than Freeman is Jack Grealish when he was on loan at Notts County.

I know he is a winger, but so was Freeman when we signed him, and I'm pretty sure he could adopt that role.

Don't think he is regularly playing for Villa, so might be interested in a season long loan, if not a perm move.

What about Harry Maguire at hull who has been loaned out and seems to have lost his way and the same with Moore at Leicester. Those two and Flint at the back would be unreal. I agree that Pritchard lad is quality although wasn't he the guy that got sent off last season against us at home for pushing one of our players to the floor?

I'd like to see Connor Hourihane. Apparently really good mates with Cunningham and can play wide as well as central, if we had to change formation. He is young 24(?) but experienced and depending on where Barnsley land we could get him for cheap. Sheffield Wednesday were after him in January too but he said no. Will be good to watch him play on Saturday.

Archived