IGNORED

He's Having A Laugh.

BCFC Jordan

Steve Coppell: 'Back me and I will win you promotion to the Premier League within two years'...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011919/Steve-Coppell-win-promotion-Premier-League-two-years-English-football-turned-him.html

Read Coppell as Cotterill and thought it was you angling for a wind up.

Feel any perspective employer should be tipped off, as our moral duty.

Hopefully they would ask for references from Steve L.

None of us know why Coppell walked out of AG but I'm happy to speculate.

Maybe he realised the club was being run my amateurs. At that time there was no director of football to negotiate transfer deals but instead we had Sexstone and we all know how inexperienced he was in the wheeler dealer culture of modern football.

Maybe he realised the club was being run my amateurs. At that time there was no director of football to negotiate transfer deals but instead we had Sexstone and we all know how inexperienced he was in the wheeler dealer culture of modern football.

Then why did he take the job in the first place...?

Probably true, but why didn't the big wet fanny stay on and try and rectify things. He must have potentially had some clout.

I think he had his mind on other "ahem" things.

Blame Colin Sexstone?

Refreshing change from Johnson.

Robbored- clearly mellowing during the bowls season.

"There has been the occasional blip, such as the aborted spells at Manchester City and Bristol City, but after three decades in management, it is no more than a footnote to his career."

A footnote that keeps him out of work and seeking the help of the Daily Mail to advertise the availability of his services.

I knew he'd admit sooner or later that he doesn't have the stomach for retirement.

I genuinely believe that he left us because he saw that the job at City was going to be tougher than he first thought as GJ racked up a list of poor players on long contracts and then you had the whole David James saga.

Reading that article though and he comes across as very self indulgent and arrogant. Glad Football has turned their back on him.

Archived