IGNORED

Problem With The Gaffer

The dastardly red

It really winds me up that Steve hardly ever waves when we sing for him to give us a wave. I think it smacks of self importance and the guy should lighten up a bit, we're top of the league, JPT winners and future's looking bright. Wouldn't hurt if he gave something back to the fans every now and then. Go on Steve you big misery guts give us a wave

I don't think he ties his shoe laces in the appropriate manner, either.

He said on the Radio Bristol sports' forum that he purposely ignores the fans for a while to help keep the atmosphere going a little while longer. Or he's just too engaged with the game to notice.

Is this for real?

I have thought about this, for real.

My conclusions are in relation to Gary Johnson. GJ's ethos was pulling everyone together, almost emotionally. He brought the team over before the game and applaud us at Norwich. He was the godfather of the 'City Bounce'. Yes, it went down hill in the end.

Cotterill, I believe is very much as passionate but also is more focussed on both his staff and the actual game. He has more upstairs, footballingly, imo. The spirit in the players is there, too.

He doesn't though, pander to us that much. Give us the team he has and he doesn't exactly need too, imo.

Noticed Pembo was quick on the 'giving a wave' uptake recenttly.

Maybe he should be put in charge of wave giving duties?

In fact, I remember singing "Johnson, Johnson bounce around!" from ye olde east end. And there's the manager of Bristol City literally taking four or five backward and south - westerly hops on the touch line. Brilliant!

Beginning to side with the op tbh ;)

Pembo a goer?

Cotterill will never have my full support until he thanks us all individually, by name, in his post-match interviews. None of this "the fans were magnificent" stuff, I want a full blown roll of honour, I'm quite prepared to watch Youtube for six hours until I hear my name. And if he could wave at me, on demand, at random points in football matches too, that would also help my self-esteem no end.

Always hate it how the 'superfans' demand a wave from the manager using his surname...just sounds disrespectful.

Made I cringe when Danny was in charge, 'Wilson Wilson give us a wave..' - why not use 'Danny'?

Anyway, as alluded to above, I won't be happy until Steve picks me up on Saturday mornings and gives me a lift to every game home and away whilst reading out the team sheet so I know it first...

(Having said that, the Partick Thistle manager did that for me on a few occasions, but that's another story...)

It really winds me up that Steve hardly ever waves when we sing for him to give us a wave. I think it smacks of self importance and the guy should lighten up a bit, we're top of the league, JPT winners and future's looking bright. Wouldn't hurt if he gave something back to the fans every now and then. Go on Steve you big misery guts give us a wave

And your 'match day experience' or indeed your life is made so much better because a Manager concentrating on his job waves at you? Really?

Actually I think you give up too easily, after a couple of demands to 'give us a wave' you fall silent. Where's your stamina if it's that important?

It's the end of March and we've already lost 5 games this season. Not to mention the 8 draws.

If Cotterill was as good as a manager as some people are making out then we'd have won every game this season, by a minimum of 4 goals as well.

Unless Steve calls me personally to appologise and then taking my card details for me to purchase my season ticket for next season then I'll be disgusted.

You've got a point there mate, it's all me, me, me with Cotterill. He doesn't think how his actions will effect anybody else. I mean, I saw him walking on the cracks in the pavement the other day.

Always hate it how the 'superfans' demand a wave from the manager using his surname...just sounds disrespectful.

Made I cringe when Danny was in charge, 'Wilson Wilson give us a wave..' - why not use 'Danny'?

He actually said as much recently.

Don't think he saw it as 'disrespectful' necessarily but he was certainly puzzled as to why fans were shouting his surname.

The fans are communicating to him directly when making this chant - if they met him in the street they wouldn't say, 'Hello Cotterill'.

:chant6ez: Stevie, Stevie, give us a wave :chant6ez:  :yes:

• Admin

Completely agree with you, I can't believe he is focussed on his job and doesn't wave every time someone sings it !

How dare he be concentrating on winning the game!

Archived