IGNORED

Cameron V Miliband Matchday Thread

Super

Paxman is ripping milliband to pieces

You being serious? Miliband had Paxman on the back foot at one stage,Paxman was clearly impressed by Miliband .

Paxman, on the other hand clearly had Cameron by the bollox!

It's clear to see why Cameron is afraid to debate one on one with Miliband.

Loved Cameron being asked about promising he wouldn't raise VAT, when he told the same lie before the last election!

Miliband is the best of a bad bunch in this election in my opinion.  Give him some credit, he gets beaten up a lot but still seems to come through.

Its now so obvious why Cameron is avoiding TV debate.  The other parties have so much dirt on him its scary.  

Miliband is the best of a bad bunch in this election in my opinion.  Give him some credit, he gets beaten up a lot but still seems to come through.

Its now so obvious why Cameron is avoiding TV debate.  The other parties have so much dirt on him its scary.

A labour victory would be disastrous though

You obviously watched a different version to me!

Please explain this battering.

Did you see him answer any question? His favourite line was yes we know we have made mistakes etc! Not a Cameron fan but jeez this bloke would be a complete disaster.

And what's been disaterous over the last 4 years?

You must be joking, Sir?  I don't know where to start.  Ruining the NHS, messing up the immigration issue completely, taking money away from disabled people, upsetting the fire service. 

Most of the propaganda they are throwing around about the average person being better off now is mainly bullshit.

Also, many Conservative MP's stand to gain out of further privatization of public services.  I think a change will be good in this instance

Paxman was very poor. Miliband got better as it went on. Cameron could only relax once his first half was done.

Mostly, the audience were pretty awful asking mundane questions. Kay Burley was as terrible as she always is.

The whole thing was probably a waste of time unless it got more people interested in politics and more likely to vote.

You must be joking, Sir?  I don't know where to start.  Ruining the NHS, messing up the immigration issue completely, taking money away from disabled people, upsetting the fire service. 

Most of the propaganda they are throwing around about the average person being better off now is mainly bullshit.

Also, many Conservative MP's stand to gain out of further privatization of public services.  I think a change will be good in this instance

I honestly don't. Labour have a long history of ballsing up the country

1.  Ruining the NHS

This is the NHS that was rocked by scandals such as Stafford.  Since 2010 there have been no scandals as far as I'm aware.  A&E waiting times - Any different to people spending four hours in hospital corridoors?

2.  Messing Up the immigration Issue

Can't do much about EU migration until there is a change to EU treaties.

3.  Taking Money Away from Disabled People

Welfare needed to come down.  I don't believe disabled people should face the brunt, so I agree it is unpalatable.

4. Upsetting the fire service

Are you forgetting the strikes under the previous government, where the army had to step in? Firemen love a strike.  Same as tube drivers.

5. People being better off

I'd suggest that in the main, people are better off than in 2010.  People havn't got the same disposable income as before the crash though, but that can hardly be blamed on this government.

6. Private interest.

Prove it.

1. Ruining the NHS

This is the NHS that was rocked by scandals such as Stafford. Since 2010 there have been no scandals as far as I'm aware. A&E waiting times - Any different to people spending four hours in hospital corridoors?

2. Messing Up the immigration Issue

3. Taking Money Away from Disabled People

Welfare needed to come down. I don't believe disabled people should face the brunt, so I agree it is unpalatable.

Are you forgetting the strikes under the previous government, where the army had to step in? Firemen love a strike. Same as tube drivers.

I'd suggest that in the main, people are better off than in 2010. People havn't got the same disposable income as before the crash though, but that can hardly be blamed on this government.

6. Private interest.

Prove it.

6. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/selling-nhs-profit-full-list-4646154

http://www.buzzfeed.com/solomonhughes/nhs-contract-stoke

There was also an article published in 2010 in one of the national papers regarding the wives of 12 prominent Tory MPs who invested in and were appointed to the board of, private health care providers within 2 months of the 2010 election. Can't find it though. Evidently they knew something we didn't...

I honestly don't. Labour have a long history of ballsing up the country

I mentioned this in the other General Election thread on here. Yet Tories are always seen as evil because they spend / cut and budget accordingly based on Labour bringing the country to it's knees every time they come into power.

1.  Ruining the NHS

This is the NHS that was rocked by scandals such as Stafford.  Since 2010 there have been no scandals as far as I'm aware.  A&E waiting times - Any different to people spending four hours in hospital corridoors?

2.  Messing Up the immigration Issue

3.  Taking Money Away from Disabled People

Welfare needed to come down.  I don't believe disabled people should face the brunt, so I agree it is unpalatable.

Are you forgetting the strikes under the previous government, where the army had to step in? Firemen love a strike.  Same as tube drivers.

I'd suggest that in the main, people are better off than in 2010.  People havn't got the same disposable income as before the crash though, but that can hardly be blamed on this government.

6. Private interest.

Prove it.

Dude, the way you have just brushed over those issues like they are nothing is almost insulting. 

The NHS has been completely decimated in the last 4 years and its the nurses and doctors who are feeling the strain.  My local GP is in Brixton in London and I can barely get an appointment these days.  I waited 4 hours to give a urine sample a couple of months ago.  This is incredibly worrying for the average person and makes you wonder what it would be like if something serious was wrong with you. 

On immigration they set out a policy before they got in and then changed their mind.

Living conditions have not improved overall under this government, its a nostalgia act.  All you have to do is talk to people and you will find that hard working people are still struggling.

RE Privatization of more public services - Open your eyes. I thought that was pretty much general knowledge?

I don't draw any allegiance to any political party but I think some people need to learn a few home truths.

What it shows beyond doubt is what a piss poor choice there actually is, Cameron was smarmy as usual and Miliband was awkward as usual, his bullshit about standing up to Obama over Syria was cringeworthy and conveniently overlooked that he changed his mind overnight and withdrew his support, the only time he looked comfortable was when he was defending the personal attacks on him. Also Paxman owned him over his predictions about employment and the economy.

Miliband's biggest challenge is going to be whether he can convince the electorate to accept a minority government propped up by the SNP.

Dude, the way you have just brushed over those issues like they are nothing is almost insulting. 

They're not new issues though are they.  You make out like these have come about in the last 4 years.  They havn't.

The NHS has been completely decimated in the last 4 years and its the nurses and doctors who are feeling the strain.  My local GP is in Brixton in London and I can barely get an appointment these days.  I waited 4 hours to give a urine sample a couple of months ago.  This is incredibly worrying for the average person and makes you wonder what it would be like if something serious was wrong with you. 

It's been a struggle to get appointments for years.  GP hours are being extended to weekends now. 

On immigration they set out a policy before they got in and then changed their mind.

Chaned their mind? You're wrong.

Living conditions have not improved overall under this government, its a nostalgia act.  All you have to do is talk to people and you will find that hard working people are still struggling.

Read what I said

RE Privatization of more public services - Open your eyes. I thought that was pretty much general knowledge?

Show me

I don't draw any allegiance to any political party but I think some people need to learn a few home truths.

Or in some cases, some facts.

Archived