IGNORED

Club Announcement Re South Stand

I was lucky enough today to have hospitality seats for the Bristol game today. Whilst there I overheard two BS representatives (don't know who they were but definitely not Martin Griffiths) discussing an announcement regarding the South Stand that'll go out in the first few days of this week. I didn't catch any details but one was saying that he 'wasn't looking forward to the fans backlash". 

I was lucky enough today to have hospitality seats for the Bristol game today. Whilst there I overheard two BS representatives (don't know who they were but definitely not Martin Griffiths) discussing an announcement regarding the South Stand that'll go out in the first few days of this week. I didn't catch any details but one was saying that he 'wasn't looking forward to the fans backlash".

Ooooh, this'll be good.

Overheard someone yesterday saying that all the seats will be in place but the amenities under the stand won't be open so it'l be temp stuff.. 

Obviously, don't know how true this is. The guy was claiming to know the site manager so who knows, it is believable I guess 

There was an announcement yesterday at half time when they were apologising for the season ticket renewal fiasco that said both the South Stand and Dolman would be ready for next season, so I'd be surprised if it was that.

That said, they've also said the Williams won't be knocked down until the south stand is handed over, so who knows, maybe the Williams will be used for a dew games next season.

David Lloyd said at the Atyeo stand meeting last week AND Jon Landsdown said at the Senior reds dinner last week that the stand will be ready for use at the start of the season. It was based on this information that I opted to move to the South Stand. What could have changed in a week. After all, they are still selling tickets for that stand so it can't be that it won't be ready..Can it??

Just a random thought: Now they've changed strategy for the Dolman roof maybe they need to keep the South Stand gap in order to get the vast lifting equipment in. Was wondering yesterday exactly how they're going to support and lift that structure in one piece. We'll see soon enough....

Just a random thought: Now they've changed strategy for the Dolman roof maybe they need to keep the South Stand gap in order to get the vast lifting equipment in. Was wondering yesterday exactly how they're going to support and lift that structure in one piece. We'll see soon enough....

bit of block and tackle and a few acros should do it eh?

Overheard someone yesterday saying that all the seats will be in place but the amenities under the stand won't be open so it'l be temp stuff..

Obviously, don't know how true this is. The guy was claiming to know the site manager so who knows, it is believable I guess

Certainly wouldn't be the end of the world. End of the day, delays can happen and I'd think any reasonable fan can appreciate that. We are getting an (almost) brand new stadium, there's always going to be the odd hiccup.

IF there is a delay, doesn't it put the whole project out of kilter?

We need the South stand finished to allow the Williams to come down. We need the Williams down to allow the pitch to be moved and we need the pitch moved to allow the new front of the Dolman to be fitted.

Any delay could be a total cock up TBH, especially as people are buying seats in there already!

Archived