IGNORED

Agard

BS3_RED

Ok, I have waited til we are promoted to ask this but apart from running around constantly what does he bring to the team. If I was JET I would be climbing the walls. In the last three games ( I will forget about the previous 10 where Agard didnt score) Agard has scored one goal (good goal it was) but didnt really threaten and ran around a lot. Jet created more in 5 minutes (included helping setting up Wilbs) against Swindon than Agard did apart from the goal, did more in 5-6 minutes at Preston and Agard missed a absolute sitter right before their goal. We scored 6 on Tuesday and Agard still cant get a goal and JET does not get a sniff today, though I think we settled for a point in the first ten minutes.

I really wanted Agard to come good but I really cant see how he is gonna cut it as a centre forward in the Championship, though I hope he proves me wrong and shoves this post down my throat.

Presumably Cotterill believes Agard adds more to the team with his energy allowing us to press and the games I've seen recently he's been good and controlling the long balls. Considering the results we've been getting there hasn't been reason to change the team. I'm sure over the summer we will add at least 1 new striker so Agard probably won't start.

To be fair he was outstanding against Preston

Really, he ran around a lot I would agree but apart from that he did very little apart from miss a sitter. He did have a good shot right before he came off though.

Strange day to raise this, I'm not his biggest fan, but though today was his best game. 

If he wasn't up against that monster, he'd have scored. 

There is never a good day to criticise on this forum. If its after a draw or defeat its only being raised because we drew or lost. So I thought I would save it for when we had completed the mission.

Only BCFC could find a scapegoat figure in a season where we won our first championship for 60 years.

I think you will find that all fans at all clubs are pretty much the same judging by what I read on the internet. 

Feel free though to explain what he brings to the team apart from running around? I have not slagged him off, I am just asking the question.

You would hope so wouldn't you, but perhaps he might find a spot on his coaching staff, to enlighten him on how to improve things.

I dont doubt for a second the man knows a shitload more than me and he has just won the league 1 title to prove it (though I did once win the Champions league on football manager). 

Seriously though, Agard does run his ass off and that alone might free up other players to do their thing or maybe he is not yet firing on all cylinders. I know that Rotherham never played him up top like we do, so maybe thats it.

You would hope so wouldn't you, but perhaps he might find a spot on his coaching staff, to enlighten him on how to improve things.

Yeah, I agree that Agard doesn't set the world alight and will never be remembered for his individual brilliance, but sometimes the team is greater than the sum of its parts (or whatever the phrase is). Why do you think Man U always did so well even though they had people like Ji Sung Park and Djemba Djemba in the team haha

Yeah, I agree that Agard doesn't set the world alight and will never be remembered for his individual brilliance, but sometimes the team is greater than the sum of its parts (or whatever the phrase is). Why do you think Man U always did so well even though they had people like Ji Sung Park and Djemba Djemba in the team haha

I'm not quite sure why Ji Sung Park is underlined there

What he does (that was completely evident from Wembley and Swindon)  is he keeps the pressure on the opponents back line for all of the time he is on the pitch, which prevents them venturing too far forward (unlike our back 3), he pulls centre backs out wide allowing midfielders safe passage through the middle, he doesn't give them time to settle.

I think you will find that all fans at all clubs are pretty much the same judging by what I read on the internet.

Feel free though to explain what he brings to the team apart from running around? I have not slagged him off, I am just asking the question.

Imo, there is running around, but there is also constantly closing down defenders,forcing them into mistakes and not giving them anytime on the ball,which Agard does exceptionally well.

Eventually this constant harassing creates chances for other players ( or himself ).

Especially late on in games when the defences tire from his constant harassment.

Take today when Coventry's keeper was given no time on the ball by Agard and it led to Coventry struggling to play out from the back.

He's done a lot of the dirty work ( the stuff that doesn't get credit) this season and others have benefited from it.

Who knows whether next season his goal tally may reflect the work he puts in for the team.

What he does (that was completely evident from Wembley and Swindon)  is he keeps the pressure on the opponents back line for all of the time he is on the pitch, which prevents them venturing too far forward (unlike our back 3), he pulls centre backs out wide allowing midfielders safe passage through the middle, he doesn't give them time to settle.

Agreed

Imo, there is running around, but there is also constantly closing down defenders,forcing them into mistakes and not giving them anytime on the ball,which Agard does exceptionally well.

Eventually this constant harassing creates chances for other players ( or himself ).

Especially late on in games when the defences tire from his constant harassment.

Take today when Coventry's keeper was given no time on the ball by Agard and it led to Coventry struggling to play out from the back.

He's done a lot of the dirty work ( the stuff that doesn't get credit) this season and others have benefited from it.

Who knows whether next season his goal tally may reflect the work he puts in for the team.

What Bill said.

Yep

The last very good side (as a whole rather than individually) was the GJ play off side / squad and there were a few in that side that you wouldn't drool over as individuals but were a vital part of the engine

And look how far they got

Tbf not convinced he will cut it in CCC but totally respect the guy and hope he proves me wrong - Cotts clearly values him as he started him throughout the run in and didn't seem to be interested in bringing in another loan striker - so that will do for me

Yep

The last very good side (as a whole rather than individually) was the GJ play off side / squad and there were a few in that side that you wouldn't drool over as individuals but were a vital part of the engine

And look how far they got

Tbf not convinced he will cut it in CCC but totally respect the guy and hope he proves me wrong - Cotts clearly values him as he started him throughout the run in and didn't seem to be interested in bringing in another loan striker - so that will do for me

Very true that.

Archived