IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

As disappointing as this decision is for the fans, me included, it is obviously not one taken lightly by the manager. No doubt he has spent no small amount of time discussing the development of the team/squad with KB and they've probably agonised over the JET enigma. But we have to trust their judgement and in a way be glad that they are very clear in what they want when it comes to building and strengthening for the championship.

After all it didn't work out too bad for us this season!

I'm very sad to see JET leaving. He has given us some wonderful entertainment and memories to treasure. I wish him all the best for the future and hope that we don't live to regret this decision. I am sure that SC has a master plan and that it will work brilliantly!! Onwards and upwards!

Just out of interest (not as though it would ever happen) but would say Preston be allowed to sign him tomorrow on a months contract to help with their play-off campaign?! Just curious of the rules. 

Contacts usually expire 30th June / 1st July.

Frankie will save his penalty in the shoot out....................

I wouldn't bank on it. If you freeze frame the one he scored on Sunday, the keeper doesn't move to make it easy for him, and then goes the right way, but can't reach it as JET placed in an inch inside the post.

Time to move on then tossers :laugh:

Thanks for the memories JET wish you luck where ever you end up.

Let's not forget he was a passenger mostly for one of our most successful seasons, rather keep my praise and man love for SC, Luke,Aiden,Wilbs,Smudger,Frankie and the rest of the regulars

CTID

Utter nonsense. We're all the other players on the bench passengers?

Utter nonsense. We're all the other players on the bench passengers?

Mostly yes.

Admit JET contributed more than others who were used mostly as bench players.

He played his part certainly at times (took till Xmas mind)

SC has built a decent team this season, rather than SOD building a team around JET which the outcome has been a very successful season.

Admire the blokes abilities but would of been a big gamble to had offered him a decent paid 2/3 year contract.

Mostly yes.

Admit JET contributed more than others who were used mostly as bench players.

He played his part certainly at times (took till Xmas mind)

SC has built a decent team this season, rather than SOD building a team around JET which the outcome has been a very successful season.

Admire the blokes abilities but would of been a big gamble to had offered him a decent paid 2/3 year contract.

Sometimes, when you dig yourself a hole, it's best to stop digging.

I wish jet all the best, he isnt a target man or an out and out finisher, and would be a replacement for freeman if he was out, and jet needs more game time than that. If he goes and elliott isnt there, we need more numbers in terms of attacking midfielders in my opinion!

Big thanks and good luck JET

Whether fans agree or not - It's done now and I just hope JET isn't raised every time there's a hiccup or missed half chance next season

Time to enjoy, reflect, mourn if needed, and move on Reds

Look at it another way - SC obviously bringing in someone who is 'better' / more productive than JET

Exciting times ;)

Absolutely gutted. Without doubt the most talented player I've ever seen play for City. Absolute genius. I've never been so disappointed to see a player go but ultimately that's football. I will follow JET's career with interest, just as I do Albert's.

I hope we don't regret this one, but it's safe to say Cotts is a man with a plan and I trust his judgement. I certainly look forward to our summer recruitment.

Thanks for a great two years JET. That goal against the g*s will never be forgotten. All the best for the future.

Absolutely gutted. Without doubt the most talented player I've ever seen play for City. Absolute genius. I've never been so disappointed to see a player go but ultimately that's football. I will follow JET's career with interest, just as I do Albert's.

I hope we don't regret this one, but it's safe to say Cotts is a man with a plan and I trust his judgement. I certainly look forward to our summer recruitment.

Thanks for a great two years JET. That goal against the g*s will never be forgotten. All the best for the future.

Best post on this thread, agree with every word.

My interest will be in where JET ends up, Birmingham IMO with their still undecided financial woes, would be a dodgy move for him and maybe not a step up. I think he deserves better than that, Wolves fearful of losing Bakary Sako (according to Jackett) might be a better fit IMO. Even QPR wherever the end up, I still believe wages will be an issue for some clubs.

But it will be interesting to actually see the quality of his potential suitors.

I really don't get this unless there is more to the story from either side - player or club. 

I think JET's contributions have been better this season than last given that he might have let his head drop by being a backup/bench player.  His goals and teamwork with Matt Smith can't be criticised at a point in the season when it really mattered.  Without our first choice striker pairing, the season could have been over had those two not stepped up so well.

JET's general humour seems to work well with the rest of the team and fans alike.  He doesn't seem come across as someone with a big ego.  Certainly an entertainer and a joker but not a 'big shot'.

God knows if I was playing, I would love to have him in my side!

The only thing I can imagine is that Cotterill and other's responsible don't feel that two or three more years with us will be sufficiently motivating.  By moving on, he will attract a signing-on fee and perhaps City aren't prepared to pay the equivalent package available elsewhere.

He's an exceptional talent and I'm certain he'll be missed.  I don't think a suitable replacement will be found because I haven't seen another player like him.  That doesn't mean we won't do well without him because it's always a team game despite the brilliance of individuals.

Thanks to JET for some amazing football and incredible goals.  I really hope he goes to a bigger club and does well.  I wish we could stop him playing against us in the future as there's only one possible outcome and it won't be good for Bristol City!

I really don't get this unless there is more to the story from either side - player or club. 

I think JET's contributions have been better this season than last given that he might have let his head drop by being a backup/bench player.  His goals and teamwork with Matt Smith can't be criticised at a point in the season when it really mattered.  Without our first choice striker pairing, the season could have been over had those two not stepped up so well.

JET's general humour seems to work well with the rest of the team and fans alike.  He doesn't seem come across as someone with a big ego.  Certainly an entertainer and a joker but not a 'big shot'.

God knows if I was playing, I would love to have him in my side!

The only thing I can imagine is that Cotterill and other's responsible don't feel that two or three more years with us will be sufficiently motivating.  By moving on, he will attract a signing-on fee and perhaps City aren't prepared to pay the equivalent package available elsewhere.

He's an exceptional talent and I'm certain he'll be missed.  I don't think a suitable replacement will be found because I haven't seen another player like him.  That doesn't mean we won't do well without him because it's always a team game despite the brilliance of individuals.

Thanks to JET for some amazing football and incredible goals.  I really hope he goes to a bigger club and does well.  I wish we could stop him playing against us in the future as there's only one possible outcome and it won't be good for Bristol City!

I understand your sentiments and i would have been happy to see him stay but if jet played against flint, i think flint would give as good as he gets. If jet is on his game he is unplayable, but if hes not, he has little impact.

I understand your sentiments and i would have been happy to see him stay but if jet played against flint, i think flint would give as good as he gets. If jet is on his game he is unplayable, but if hes not, he has little impact.

And no other players have games where they contribute little or nothing?

I think its a great shame we're letting him go. Also browsing through his Twitter/Instagram, he really seems to have enjoyed/embraced us. Then we cast him off. No time for sentiment agree but this is a top quality player here. 

??!

but if jet played against flint .. He would drop into midfield. An area where Aden Flint a first ball winning centre half was not marking him.

Utterly Baffling. Our most gifted Player, underused this season and will be banging them in next season for somebody else. I have no doubt that wherever he ends up, he will score/assist an absolute hatful.

I think this will prove to be Cotts biggest mistake since El-Abd.

Good Luck JET and thanks for the sublime memories.

It's a shame he is leaving as he's been great for the club.  I've found that JET is a player that people know about even if they haven't heard of BCFC or don't follow lower league football.   Raising the profile of the club is no reason to keep him if his performances aren't up to it.  Although I still think it should be recognised alongside his footballing talents.

Will be interesting to see if he ends up in L1 or the Championship.

I think its a great shame we're letting him go. Also browsing through his Twitter/Instagram, he really seems to have enjoyed/embraced us. Then we cast him off. No time for sentiment agree but this is a top quality player here. 

Look at it this way then, better he leave us a hero unlike Maynard.

I think that the player and the club have acted with total dignity over this unlike the Basso/Maynard sagas and it's nice for a change to see a player leave us on such terms, it seems yet another improvement at our club in the past 12 months.

on a practical note I suspect his leaving and the hopefully movement of Wade Elliott to the under 21's managers job, will free up a big wedge of wages which might allow to sign 3 younger players.

He's contributed to us, and we have to him. His stock is higher now than when it joined, he's actually got the goals to back up his undoubted ability over the past 2 years.

Archived