IGNORED

Jet Tweet?! - Jet Is Departing (Merged Topics)

BA12RED

A lovely all round display from this magnificent player. Two goals- and one: the slowest penalty shuffle up in history.

I think this may well have been his last game for us. A 70th minute substitution having been at the heart of several of the goals and on a hat trick which I have no doubt he would have completed. Replaced by Wes who has a lot of pace and ....err.... a lot of pace. It just seems as if SC just doesn't seem to want him, barely mentioned him in the after match interview choosing to focus on Agard who will very clearly be his first choice striker in the Championship. Agard who has scored 13 goals to Jet's 12 with a lot more starts.

Perhaps it is Jet who doesn't want a new contract, perhaps SC- I doubt we'll get to know the sub text.

What we will all get to know this week is whether he is leaving or not as SC is doing his retained list on Tuesday. 

As long as we don't sign that Matt Smith bloke eh?.

Whatever happens, JET, SC and the club have handled the whole situation correctly.

There has been no public ranting by player or club (a la Basso/Maynard) which impacts onto the playing side, it has been dealt with properly.

JET has conducted himself as a model professional and is obviously a very well liked member of the squad and there seems to be a mutual respect between him and SC.

if anything if he does leave I suspect he will leave a more rounded player, who has improved his profile after a unhappy time at Ipswich.

who's Trigger?

Presumably the reserve keeper.

Someone who most of us have never seen play but we're all apparently meant to know him from his nick name amongst his dressing room mates.

I couldn't care less if he's leaving.

Jet on the other hand.................... :no:  :ranting:

I like him as a player and he's done some excellent stuff for us however he isn't needed IMO. The fact that we went 16 unbeaten at the start and end of the season shows we 'dipped' in the middle which is where we lost all our games, does this highlight the difference between Agard/wilbraham and smith/jet in terms of strikers getting back and defending as a team..? Having the best defensive record doesn't just come from have a good back line, everyone works to achieve that.. Also does this suggest he was the player to ask for the pay rise??

I look at cotterills current squad as a very efficient machine which is currently running in perfect unison, whilst some might argue that the jet cog could potentially work at a higher speed it isn't for the particular model we have in place at the moment - put simply jet isn't part of the hardworking team we've established that go out and fight for eachother every match..

He's not the first and won't be the last to have moved on or be moved on so let's trust SC and see who he brings in.

I will forever remember his goal against the Gas as one of my fav moments.

Good luck Jet and thanks for the memories.

For me he is a squad player, great to have as an option / 'tool in the box'

Even if that did suit us / SC

I think it's unfair on JET to ask him to knock about until we need him - he will be an asset for somebody else but I cant see many Championship teams seeing him as a starter - I may be proved wrong

Definitely a starter for many L1 sides

I like him as a player and he's done some excellent stuff for us however he isn't needed IMO. The fact that we went 16 unbeaten at the start and end of the season shows we 'dipped' in the middle which is where we lost all our games, does this highlight the difference between Agard/wilbraham and smith/jet in terms of strikers getting back and defending as a team..? Having the best defensive record doesn't just come from have a good back line, everyone works to achieve that.. Also does this suggest he was the player to ask for the pay rise??

I look at cotterills current squad as a very efficient machine which is currently running in perfect unison, whilst some might argue that the jet cog could potentially work at a higher speed it isn't for the particular model we have in place at the moment - put simply jet isn't part of the hardworking team we've established that go out and fight for eachother every match..

We lost five league games; Agard & Wilbraham started three, JET & Smith two, and the three in quick succession were those started by the latter pair - just some balance to yet another fact-light suggestion that JET was some massive, defeat-causing liability.

If he's gone; that's a shame - think he's a better player now than when we signed him, and a replacement with similar talent will cost us a bloody fortune.

But; c'est la vie - clearly never quite forced his way in front of the excellent pairing of Wilbs & Agard, but did fine & important work when given the chance.

Wish him all the best; professional till the end, and was part of the best squad I've seen a the club who won us a double.

Good luck to him.

No real goodbye when he was subbed, I really hope he stays.

If he does go, it's one hell of a signing for a L1 club.

Maybe he has a better deal lined up elsewhere in the champ? He's 24 so is free to do as he pleases I guess?

We lost five league games; Agard & Wilbraham started three, JET & Smith two, and the three in quick succession were those started by the latter pair - just some balance to yet another fact-light suggestion that JET was some massive, defeat-causing liability.

If he's gone; that's a shame - think he's a better player now than when we signed him, and a replacement with similar talent will cost us a bloody fortune.

But; c'est la vie - clearly never quite forced his way in front of the excellent pairing of Wilbs & Agard, but did fine & important work when given the chance.

Wish him all the best; professional till the end, and was part of the best squad I've seen a the club who won us a double.

Good luck to him.

Not factually but I think he is a liablity, I don't doubt his ability; attitude is a different story.. There's no reason why he cannot run his socks off every game like Agard and wilbraham do and that's the gap between him and them... He's to arrogant in his ability to be a complete success in a workman like team such as this one. I don't think people have still realised how vital Agard and wilbrahams working back has been to our success.. Whilst we've mostly been fine with jet not working back this season, next season we won't be able to afford to do tjay

Archived