IGNORED

So Disappointed, Today,

Red Tel

....that some of our fans in the amphitheatre booed the Lord Mayor. Perhaps they are ignorant of the fact that the Lord Mayor is the Ceremonial Representative of our great city, and not the same as the prat that wears red trousers, The Mayor.

It was indeed all done in good humour, and the Mayor took it that way.

After the Amphitheatre I was walking along the waterfront towards the Pump House when Red Trousers himself passed us cycling the other way.

He negotiated his way through a group of City fans behind who told him in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't be in office after the next mayoral election.

And that WASN'T done in good humour.

It was indeed all done in good humour, and the Mayor took it that way.

After the Amphitheatre I was walking along the waterfront towards the Pump House when Red Trousers himself passed us cycling the other way.

He negotiated his way through a group of City fans behind who told him in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't be in office after the next mayoral election.

And that WASN'T done in good humour.

No cries of "He's going in the water!", then?

Bristolians have calmed down since 1831 - and 1793, 1932, 1980, 1987, 1992...

....that some of our fans in the amphitheatre booed the Lord Mayor. Perhaps they are ignorant of the fact that the Lord Mayor is the Ceremonial Representative of our great city, and not the same as the prat that wears red trousers, The Mayor.

It was a great event. I can't believe that you've chosen to highlight that one small, humorous episode and use it as a negative to try to find fault with the fans.

I for one today was proud to be a City fan, proud to be Bristolian and enormously happy. Nothing happened which has disappointed me, for sure.

Btw for you Ragass Rovers supporters reading this, there were at least 60,000 of us in the amphitheatre with another 100,000 left standing by Za Za Bazaar because nobody would move to the right. Beat that when you celebrate promotion to the basement.

You're an idiot!

• Admin

Lord Mayor: "I've been lucky enough to go to 3 games this season"

Crowd: "Boooooooooo......part timer!"

All very pantomime and I think the OP has got the wrong end of the stick massively here.

It was a great event. I can't believe that you've chosen to highlight that one small, humorous episode and use it as a negative to try to find fault with the fans.

I for one today was proud to be a City fan, proud to be Bristolian and enormously happy. Nothing happened which has disappointed me, for sure.

Btw for you Ragass Rovers supporters reading this, there were at least 60,000 of us in the amphitheatre with another 100,000 left standing by Za Za Bazaar because nobody would move to the right. Beat that when you celebrate promotion to the basement.

Course they will, they have 60,000,000 fans waiting to descend on Bristol to celebrate by beating Grimsby....

I wasn't referring to when he spoke, I was referring to when he was first introduced.

I didn't hear that, but I was quite close to the stage and had a reasonable view, I also saw the bus leave AG and saw it was the 'proper' Lord Mayor. Maybe if there was any booing at Lloyds it was from people a lot further back who only heard the word Mayor and automatically thought the Red Trousered one had taken to the stage...if he had done it would not have been pretty I'm sure.

Great day by the way, so great I don't want to wait 60 years for the next!

I didn't hear that, but I was quite close to the stage and had a reasonable view, I also saw the bus leave AG and saw it was the 'proper' Lord Mayor. Maybe if there was any booing at Lloyds it was from people a lot further back who only heard the word Mayor and automatically thought the Red Trousered one had taken to the stage...if he had done it would not have been pretty I'm sure.

Great day by the way, so great I don't want to wait 60 years for the next!

Just a thought, but maybe open top buses are like the other kind - you don't see one for ages then two come along one after the other?

I wasn't referring to when he spoke, I was referring to when he was first introduced.

Change your forum name to moaning Minnie! There is always one who tries to criticise and you get the prize this time. From a very happy City fan of six decades : "Now push off to another forum and peddle your misery!"

You carry on getting offended on the Lord Mayor's behalf whilst everyone else including the Lord Mayor himself enjoys the day for what it was.

Amazing day, celebrated for the 3rd time in 2 weeks.. Loads of beer and played football with the lads and kids in a pub beer garden... Days don't get much better than this :)

Missed the beer/cider. Going down with a chest infection, so went straight home after :ill:

But a great day all round :D

The players need a huge amount of credit for yesterday as they made the fans part of it, they were the ones who got oskar involved and looked after him.

Seeing marlon, waggy, jet, ayling and Alby mixing with the drinkers on the harbour side after was so great, they couldn't do enough. . Seeing marlon with a can of thatchers singing city songs, class!

Cotts also, in absolutely no hurry to get to the party and was the last to leave.

Just saw a picture of wade with a city fan in hospital and he's off to Oskars house today, they go that extra mile. Hats off to them.

Archived