IGNORED

Wade Elliott Fantastic

Hillzider

Wow

Someone referred to this on another thread

I'm not sure which part of this season has left me more speechless

The conduct of this set of players is completely outstanding and Imsimply can't think of the words that would do them justice or the respect I have for them both as footballers but even better as people

:clap:

I think him like Wilbs needs to be kept on in some form or other. You can't buy that type of 'Professionalism.'

Both imho, have been fundamental on keeping our young ens focussed and Professional and their feet on the ground.

The class oozes from both of them...so nice to see...unlike so many sullen Pro footballers.

What a fantastic story. This team really is made up entirely of fantastic young men; great people, well deserving of the often too hastily awarded title "Legends". I can't believe that we will see their like again.

That Wade has taken time out of a hectic schedule to visit this supporter is heartwarming indeed. He needs to be offered a new contract - not only because he can still play a bit - but because he is the glue which binds together the dressing room. Long may he remain at AG.

Well done Wade. You make us (were that possible) even more proud to be City supporters.

Many have had close view knowledge of all Wade Elliot's off the pitch this season

I've just had the pleasure of reading about / seeing them in public

Am I over the top here in thinking that it would be really nice for the Supporters, through perhaps the SC&T collected for / presented Wade with a recognition award / appreciation from the supporters, for what he's done off the pitch

I can think of a good candidate to present it to him ;)

He has been exceptional

On a secondary note - heard Oskars op is the end of this week ???

Is that right Dolly ?

True True gent, fantastic guy to have around the club, hope that Steve gives him another year at the club as he is a brilliant influence and the type of person we want to represent our club. His work off the pitch is incredible and can see he does care about the fans, which seems a rarity with many professionals these days. Always been lovely when ever I have bumped into him and stopped for a chat, all round good guy I think

Fantastic news !

Yes, that is indeed true :)

Fantastic news !

The best moment of the season could yet be to come !

Fingers , toes and everything crossed that everything gos really well for him bless him

He will have a few thousand thinking of him !

Fingers crossed the gentleman makes a full recovery. Hats off to Wade, what an absolute professional going above and beyond his role as club captain.

No wonder our young 'uns in the team seem so grounded despite all this success with the likes of our skipper as a role model. Long may it continue.

Fantastic news !

Fantastic news !

The best moment of the season could yet be to come !

Fingers , toes and everything crossed that everything gos really well for him bless him

He will have a few thousand thinking of him !

I will keep people updated when I can, but he's going to be in intensive care for at least 4 days following his op. :)

What i find truely romantic about the whole Wade Elliott story....is he was the player, who scored the goal, that officially relegated us 2 years ago.  Our club was in an absoluite shambolic state back then.

The man that officially relegated us....joined us, captained us...and became the first captain in 60 years to lift a league trophy

As well as leading us on the pitch, it seems like with all his community work and all the extra stuff he does for the fans off his own back, he has led us off the pitch aswell and has played an absolute vital part in turning this club around.

He will be missed massively if he moves on.  I personally believe he is worth another year.......if not, some league one club will get an absoluite gem of a leader and player

Bizarrely, Clarke Carlisle has mentioned Wade in an interview he has done recently, mainly about his recent suicide attempt, but he also mentions he used to bully Wade when they were both at Burnley.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-driver-wont-speak-carlisle-230912695--sow.html

Good grief, how many problems does that bloke have? He bullied Wade as he was small and thought him effeminate. That's the sickest thing I've heard in a while. I'm staggered.

I would just like to say this.

in the past 5/6 years it has been a miserable time on the playing front and that misery has been confounded by problems with pretty much the whole behind the scenes structure of the club and now little by little, things are beginning to improve and this season above all has showed what can be achieved by a professional attitude from the manager and squad right up until the end of the season and including all of the dignified celebrations and SC insisting that those standards were still being applied even in Sundays dead rubber.

Stories like Botswana, the OP and Oskar and the player for a day at the club, have shown to the max the caring side that IMO has been missing from the club for too long, the players are engaging in the process and don't have the look of young men who would rather be on the xbox.

I know there have been still some commercial decisions and organisation that are still not right, but it seems to me to be improving little by little, but overall I would say that there is a whole lot about BCFC to be proud of this past 12 months on and off the pitch and I for one am prouder, than a proud person from Proudsville.

PS:-Best of luck on your pacemaker op. fellow red.

Never been prouder of my Club. Just fantastic.

For the first time in decades I can actually start looking up to the guys who manage and play for us.

Whoever put us back on the right tracks, Cotts, SL, JL, Keith or a combination of all, a massive, massive thank you.

Bizarrely, Clarke Carlisle has mentioned Wade in an interview he has done recently, mainly about his recent suicide attempt, but he also mentions he used to bully Wade when they were both at Burnley.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-driver-wont-speak-carlisle-230912695--sow.html

I don't wish to put the boot into Mr Carlisle as the guy obviously has problems, but Wade has shown himself to be a true gent and a most decent human being. Maybe that is why he can live with himself. 

What a great story and response from Wade. There have been a few of these types of stories over course of this season between the players and fans and is just another example of the club and players doing the right things. I really feel proud to be a City fan right now.

Do you think any of the players or staff read this forum to see the reactions?

Archived