IGNORED

Wade Elliott Fantastic

Hillzider

There are class men, like Elliot and there are complete cocks, like Carlisle

Really hope WE takes the U21 job, seems like the kind of Man we need to keep around the club

Saw the hospital visit on twitter, hope the fella makes a full recovery

Good grief, how many problems does that bloke have? He bullied Wade as he was small and thought him effeminate. That's the sickest thing I've heard in a while. I'm staggered.

Unbelieveable. If he talks to Wade like that again he'll have us to deal with! 

Bizarrely, Clarke Carlisle has mentioned Wade in an interview he has done recently, mainly about his recent suicide attempt, but he also mentions he used to bully Wade when they were both at Burnley.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-driver-wont-speak-carlisle-230912695--sow.html

Issues or not; HTF did he manage to become PFA Chairman with that sort of attitude ?

I took my younger son to David Lloyd gym one saturday morning before the match. Wade was injured at the time and there in his suit just on his way out. He waited for me to get my phone so I could get a pic of him and my son together.

It's little things like that which makes all the difference and ultimately a class act both on and off the pitch.

Regardless if he leaves to play on elsewhere (and who would begrudge him that?) I really, REALLY hope Wade is given the chance to return behind the scenes at City in the future still.

His impact on this team across the last 18 months is clear; we've reflected his professionalism and focus, and I think that a number of younger players have matured greatly on his and SC's watch.

Hope he returns even if he heads away this summer, and he had left huge shoes to fill as captain.

In a game that has increasingly become infected with unsavory characters, what a true ambassador Wade is.Would love to see him still involved around the club,but if he chooses to not hang up his boots just yet,I wish him all the very best. Shame we couldn't have had you for a while longer Wade,but you will be remembered for a very long time.All the best and thanks for everything, on and off the pitch.

Another thing that makes me immensely proud of our club and players, hope the guy in the link makes a full recovery after his operation.

I think Spudski hit the nail on the head with his comments about Wade and Wilbs keeping our younger players focused and professional, although to be fair I've seen and heard nothing to suggest that they would be anything else....certainly their influence can only be a positive thing. I love the group of players we've got at the moment, every one of them, hopefully Wade will stay on and continue to influence our younger players. Fingers crossed.

Another thing that makes me immensely proud of our club and players, hope the guy in the link makes a full recovery after his operation.

I think Spudski hit the nail on the head with his comments about Wade and Wilbs keeping our younger players focused and professional, although to be fair I've seen and heard nothing to suggest that they would be anything else....certainly their influence can only be a positive thing. I love the group of players we've got at the moment, every one of them, hopefully Wade will stay on and continue to influence our younger players. Fingers crossed.

I work with the guy's son, he had his pacemaker fitted lunchtime today and has been told he will be home in time to vote on Thursday.

Issues or not; HTF did he manage to become PFA Chairman with that sort of attitude ?

I think we all know the answer to that. John Barnes & Paul Ince were too busy being turned down for management positions because of the colour of their skin (nothing to do with them being shite!) and there weren't any openly gay ex players who had applied.

This is brilliant from Elliott and I think it's also brilliant to reflect on how, in the space of two years, we've gone from a squad who seemed distant from the fans to a point where this season we've got a genuinely likable squad.  From Wade Elliott and Wilbraham who seem like consummate professionals who, especially in Elliott's case, go out the way for their fans to bright, grounded local talent like Joe Bryan, massive characters like JET and Flint who are real cult heroes, enthusiastic optimists like Mark Little and generally a team who are skillful, talented and have the right work ethic and a determination to enjoy what they do and reach their full potential.  It all reflects brilliantly on the club and our recruitment policy. 

Archived