IGNORED

Dvd Of The Season Please

extonsred

Talking of DVD type stuff, has anyone got the players coming back onto the pitch in their pairs from Saturday's game, it was really funny. My daughter videoed it but the camera locked up and didn't save it. We are gutted, would like to see it again.

A DVD is great but in 10 years no-one will be able to watch it. (Who else still has a video of the freight rover finals & the promotion season under John Ward but refuses to throw them out?????) Btw I'll still buy one!

I think we done a book of photos from the Wembley season, any chance of producing one of these? Now we've all got cameras on our phones a section of fans photos would be good.

If they could make a blu-ray version that would be great. Everything is filmed in 1080p these days, surely.

I'm a bit of an AV snob so I'm also hoping for a blu-ray version. DVD is 20 year old technology now! And standard def looks rubbish when you're used to watching HD.

All our highlights on the Football League Show would have been in HD (certainly those at Ashton Gate were at least), so I see no reason why there couldn't be a blu-ray version.

I'm a bit of an AV snob so I'm also hoping for a blu-ray version. DVD is 20 year old technology now! And standard def looks rubbish when you're used to watching HD.

All our highlights on the Football League Show would have been in HD (certainly those at Ashton Gate were at least), so I see no reason why there couldn't be a blu-ray version.

Spot on.

A double DVD would be nice... one for match highlight, one for everything else.... there's been so much fantastic 'everything else' ... maybe a 3rd for everything Flinty!!

If there are going to be three dvd's, may i be the first to suggest the following colours for the disks

Disk 1 : red and white

Disk 2 : black and white

Disk 3 : purple and lime

The costs of printing Blu-Rays will inevitably be higher, and sell far less than a DVD version. Definitely won't happen.

The costs of printing Blu-Rays will inevitably be higher, and sell far less than a DVD version. Definitely won't happen.

Hence why you would sell the bluray version for a higher price. Based on the responses to this thread there is clearly a significant proportion of potential buyers who want a bluray version, and likely others who would buy it if it was an option. Not sure how you can be so certain it won't happen.

DVD is just so 2001! All about the HD these days.

• Admin

Hence why you would sell the bluray version for a higher price. Based on the responses to this thread there is clearly a significant proportion of potential buyers who want a bluray version, and likely others who would buy it if it was an option. Not sure how you can be so certain it won't happen.

Indeed true, but two things I would add:

1. The level of actual potential buyers that use this forum must be very low
  2. Which of the systems will still be around in 5-10 years?

Indeed true, but two things I would add:

• The level of actual potential buyers that use this forum must be very low
  • Which of the systems will still be around in 5-10 years?

I was just using the posts on this thread as a straw poll - a very small sample size admittedly.

No doubt everything is heading towards streaming these days and the future of the disc is looking uncertain to say the least! However that applies to both DVD and Bluray and wouldn't be a reason to release one format over another (not that you were necessarily suggesting that anyway).

• Admin

If they did a digital download as well...... that would be amazing.....

Can just she her in doors face now after declaring there is no football for 3 months after Monday......... :)

Don't depair only six weeks until the fixtures are out, and only two months until the friendlies are back!

Pretty easy to be certain, they would sell miles fewer than DVDs at the same price, let alone hiking it up.

Pretty easy to be certain, they would sell miles fewer than DVDs at the same price, let alone hiking it up.

Blurays are always more expensive than the DVD equivalent. I suspect anyone with the right equipment would be willing to pay extra because the quality is so superior. I know I would. Frankly I don't know why everyone has HD TVs these days and then so many people still put a crappy SD picture through it!

I take your point that the DVD will sell more and you are probably right that it won't happen, but I still think the market is there.

Archived