IGNORED

This Made Me A Bit Emotional!

BookEnd

Has he every scored a crap goal in his entire career?

That "perfect hattrick" against Carlisle stands out for me.

The more I think about it not offering him a deal is crazy he's got a 1/3 goal record.

I agree - don't think he has ever scored a crap goal, Wolfie. The goal against the gas, in particular, was simply stunning. Everything that the man does in front of goal seems to be with grace and purpose.

Wherever JET ends up, I hope that the supporters there are patient with him and like us, see him for the talent that he is and he has. He's "understood" by us at AG and we're tolerant of his occasional mis-control or failure to hare back in defence (although he's better at that these days). He returns the favour by treating us to frequent gems - goal, passes or both. But I can imagine that if the crowd get on his back then they won't see the best of him.

I sense that JET needs to be loved. We certainly love him - I just hope that his next group of supporters do too.

Such a good player on his day! Wish him all the best. Be interesting to see which striker (s?) we bring in now!

I have relatives in Ipswich. They were happy when ITFC signed Skuse & Gherkin. I asked them about JET and was informed "On his day he's brilliant. Too often though, he doesn't appear interested in playing".

Think back to when JET first started playing for City; so many people on here slated him seemingly every game. Now we all think he's wonderful.

All the best for the future Jay and thanks for the memories.

All his penalties are crap he just gets lucky every single time. Lazy git.

I am possibly the most gutted I've ever been about a player leaving tbg even though it's been clear he's not wanted for a while.

I got a little emotional reading Cotts comments about the chat they had. It seems all the rubbish on here where a small minority were trying suggest he was a "wannabe gangsta", "disruptive influence" and didn't get on with the Manager was just that, rubbish. Fordy says about it feeling like being dumped by a girlfriend, but it sounds more like they had the "it's not you, it's me" conversation.

I do understand it to a certain extent, I was working out formations he could play in and couldn't really come up with one where I wouldn't rather play Freeman because of his all round game, and as Cotts said, coming off the bench is no good to him, he was at his best when he was getting a run of games.

I honestly think that Cotts feels he is doing his best for the player, it's such a shame that it feels like that is not the best for the club too. I am going to hate seeing the highlights packages next season and see him doing his stuff for another team. It's a strange one though because, I am struggling to think of a club that would suit him and can afford him, I keep coming up with Barnsley, but would JET want to live there?

What will really be upsetting though is, if the next time I see him in a flesh, we are singing "JET will tear US apart again". I think I might pull a sickie that day.

For me it was the consistency or the lack of it, for those of us that remember Jacki, Jet reminds me of him. A sublime talent on his day but you have to build a team around him, you have to have a system of play that allows him the freedom to roam and express himself. With freeman in the side and the style we play the luxury to allow Jet to roam just isn't there. I totally agree with others who have said that when he gets the ball the crowd rises in expectation, but also sits back down in frustration. If the lad had found the consistency to go with his sublime talent he would never have left Aresnal in the first place. Personally have loved watching him play but coming off the bench for the final 10 is never going to suit him as we witnessed when he had a run in the team alongside big Matt Smith his performances became more consistent, but that was more out of need than desire from Cotts. With the high wage bill (we assume) Sir Steve has done whats right for both City and Jet, I wish him well and dread the day he lines up against us next season!

Archived