IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

So will there be a representative staying in England when the club goes off to Portugal?? It feels like we're wasting 2 weeks with this tour..

No of course not! Burt and Cotts will be sipping cocktails on the beach without a care in the world. Who needs new players when there are Pina Colada's? 

Burt will be in Bristol sorting out signing's don't worry.

I do hope the club do continue to look at leagues one and two rather than focus fully on championship players.

There a still players who could be worth a punt, Ivan Toney, Tom Nichols, Bradley Dack, who could all be decent signings, as well as league one players from last season who were on loan that could make a step up such as Toffolo.

Any fees for proven Championship players are likely to be inflated, making it harder to compete with teams especially who have access to parachute payments, such as QPR and Burnley.

I do hope the club do continue to look at leagues one and two rather than focus fully on championship players.

There a still players who could be worth a punt, Ivan Toney, Tom Nichols, Bradley Dack, who could all be decent signings, as well as league one players from last season who were on loan that could make a step up such as Toffolo.

Any fees for proven Championship players are likely to be inflated, making it harder to compete with teams especially who have access to parachute payments, such as QPR and Burnley.

I agree though I wouldn't want Toffolo anywhere near this club, doubt the players would neither. Also after watching him for Norwich U21's, Swindle & Eng U20 he's not fit to lace JB's boots!

Would take the other three though especially the exciting Ivan Toney.

Would echo redcherryberry in saying that wouldn't touch toffollo with a barge pole, he seems an A* **** for want of a better phrase. Would like to see Dack in a City shirt however, would be a good addition for CM - competition for Pack

Is he made of chocolate ?

Half Toffo and half Rolo ??

No of course not! Burt and Cotts will be sipping cocktails on the beach without a care in the world. Who needs new players when there are Pina Colada's? 

Burt will be in Bristol sorting out signing's don't worry.

Fax machines and mobile phones and laptops are quiet popular these days, don't you know ;-)

Would echo redcherryberry in saying that wouldn't touch toffollo with a barge pole, he seems an A* **** for want of a better phrase. Would like to see Dack in a City shirt however, would be a good addition for CM - competition for Pack

I'd rather see Dack alongside Pack.  It'd keep us on track, keep us tight at the back and give us something we lack in attack.

First post so go easy on me!

I have trust in Cotts bringing in the right players, and after reading the thread the ideology of waiting for the right players rather than chasing the wrong ones seems to be his approach. I also think that it was a lot easier for Cotts to bring in the right players last season as we looked like a club that was going to win the league, something we're not this season. Therefore, even though its disappointing not seeing any transfers, Cotts will produce. Dare I say the tour to Portugal could increase awareness of the increasing stature of the club, getting some Portuguese wonder-kids in on loan!

Also, are people wanting to go straight up to the Prem? I feel that a season or two in the champ in order to build a team capable of survival in the prem rather than going up and coming straight back down (Like the G*s and the football league) would be more beneficial to us

First post so go easy on me!

I have trust in Cotts bringing in the right players, and after reading the thread the ideology of waiting for the right players rather than chasing the wrong ones seems to be his approach. I also think that it was a lot easier for Cotts to bring in the right players last season as we looked like a club that was going to win the league, something we're not this season. Therefore, even though its disappointing not seeing any transfers, Cotts will produce. Dare I say the tour to Portugal could increase awareness of the increasing stature of the club, getting some Portuguese wonder-kids in on loan!

Also, are people wanting to go straight up to the Prem? I feel that a season or two in the champ in order to build a team capable of survival in the prem rather than going up and coming straight back down (Like the G*s and the football league) would be more beneficial to us

Welcome. A very good first post.

Archived