IGNORED

Best City Goals You Have Seen?

simon uk

Tinnion's free kick against Cambridge always sticks in my mind. They'd just had Perez sent off (the bleach blonde GK who was at Sunderland) for handling outside the box. Renditions of 'Where's your froggy gone' came from the stands. Beadle flicked the ball up Tinns hit it on the volley over the wall & into the back of the net as the sub goalkeeper stood froze to the spot. 

The last goal in this video 

One of my favourite ever goals.

Tinnion's free kick against Cambridge always sticks in my mind. They'd just had Perez sent off (the bleach blonde GK who was at Sunderland) for handling outside the box. Renditions of 'Where's your froggy gone' came from the stands. Beadle flicked the ball up Tinns hit it on the volley over the wall & into the back of the net as the sub goalkeeper stood froze to the spot.

I was going to mention this, great goal.Mickey bell scored a couple of absolute screamers when we beat them 2 0 the season after. Whatever happened to Harpal Singh? Looked a right handful but didn't play for us again.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gj_JHNkdkm0

Scott Murray at home to QPR on our opening day of the season 2007/08 - came on and scored an absolute beauty only for dexter fricking blackstock to equalise within 30 seconds to make it 2-2.

It was Damien Stewart made it 2-2, last minute.

Sproule at home vs Southampton still makes me laugh. To this day I still expect him to run down the tunnel with it when I replay the goal in my head!

I love that goal simply for the reason it gives me no end of amusement when talking to Saints fans 

Anyone remember Scott Murray v Middlesbrough FA Cup 3rd round?

Yep I remember it but one of the best Scot Murray goals was against Oldham (I think!) when he picked up the ball in his own half and bombed up the AG pitch beating several defenders before scoring from the D. Terrific goal

remember that one well curle ran down the middle of the pitch and from the east end all their defenders went off to cover the wings and the space just opened up in front of him a tues night game if i remember it 

yep, definitely a night match, about 1986.

Yeah I was thinking of this goal, I think it finished 4-4 though.....crazy game!

That was it, I think we might have been something like 4-2 down.

That was it, I think we might have been something like 4-2 down.

From what I remember we were 4-3 up and they equalised quite late on - I have a hazy memory of leaving the ground feeling disappointed that we didn't hold on for the win. Long time ago, though, so I might be wrong.

From what I remember we were 4-3 up and they equalised quite late on - I have a hazy memory of leaving the ground feeling disappointed that we didn't hold on for the win. Long time ago, though, so I might be wrong.

Bell 20,75

Testimetanu 61

Beadle 64

Holland o.g 29

Stallard 30

Dyer 71

Warren 85

1-0 up, 2-1 down, 4-2 up, 4-4

Archived