IGNORED

Sainsbury V Blbr

Arkateee

I wonder what red trousers motives are....he seems to have taken a rather large interest in Rovers of late.

It's all part of his plan to get rid of cars from Bristol.  If the 15'ers move out of Bristol then it will mean 3 less cars coming into Bristol on a Saturday afternoon.

Our beloved mayor sticking his oar in:-

#Sainsburys playing fast and loose with facts in attempt to renege on contract with #Bristol

[url=https://twitter.com/GeorgeFergusonx/status/600279759252226048/photo/1'>CFSfQp6WgAAUGNg.jpg

https://twitter.com/GeorgeFergusonx/status/600279759252226048

Well I hope he's got the evidence to support that. If he hasn't Sainsbury ' s lawyers could have a bit of fun if: a) they find out and b) they can be bothered.

It just shows what an awful choice of mayor he really is/was. The bloke has zero impartiality. He is elected to represent the best interests of Bristol... some may see his 'tweet' as doing just that. However what he is actually doing is offering an opinion as fact  at a time when it is too late to represent anyone.

My view as to him being at Wembley and this tweet is simple, and cynical. He knows or has come to terms with the red half of the city (in footballing terms) being very strongly against him. The snub at our bank hols celebration was also extremely public. He has probably already started to realise that within central Bristol his resedential parking scheme has been a real polariser too. It's exactly the kind of action that will only cost you votes: those who feel strongly about it will not forgive and forget (of which there are many, including employers who are and will continue to lose people from surrounding areas as the commute to Bristol becomes too difficult) and for those that agree with the scheme its unlikely to be a 'vote winner'... it's lose-lose.

He simply has got to start looking as far and wide as possible for support and I think this is all part of that process. I hope even the 15ers can see through it.

George ferguson said to Steve Lansdown, "It's lovely to see your getting on with the redevelopment of Ashton gate, but what i would like to know is, where are all the cars going to park?" Steve replied, "George, if you give me a plot of land, I'll build a multi storey car park!" stuttering, and falling over himself, George had no reply. Steve walks away "well don't ask stupid f.....g questions then. It says it all about ferguson really. A total ball bag.

Our beloved mayor sticking his oar in:-

#Sainsburys playing fast and loose with facts in attempt to renege on contract with #Bristol #Rovers @Official_BRFC

CFSfQp6WgAAUGNg.jpg

https://twitter.com/GeorgeFergusonx/status/600279759252226048

I don't see the problem. Sainsbury's were going to provide employment opportunities on a part time basis to unskilled workers.

Rovers already meet this requirement. But they call them 'players'.

Think that the mayor knows that even if sainsburys lose the case and have to buy the land there will be no supermarket on this site. They're not opening these sort of stores any more and they will end up selling off the land (at a loss) for housing. If the gas lose the case they're screwed as the land is not worth anything like what sainsburys agreed to pay at the height of the 'supermarket building wars'. Had Ashton Vale gone ahead I'm sure they'd be trying to squirm out of that one too!

Archived