IGNORED

Swindon Struggling

Transport issues? Has anyone suggested contacting the Oxford Utd Supporters' Club Chairman to see if he fancies driving some there in a minibus?

It's funny because it's true.

Amazing that that little shit hole doesn't travel, in a very dry and ironic sense.

Is Swindle not a bearer of railway tracks?

Have to also say that the pair of Swindonians I have known agree it's a shit hole.

Makes you wonder why they even bother entering the league if they don't care enough to turn up for the biggest game.

Couldnt stand the thought of them coming up with us but I'm thinking we could do with a good laugh next season.

I get it's easy to mock Swindon, but 6pm kick off with no trains, ****** if I'd be dishing out money for that

I'd rather watch it with a few mates with a few beers. Wembley is massively overrated, I'd save my money

Think it will be a cracker of a game though, will have a few goals I suspect

• Admin

To be honest if it was us in the final with no trains we wouldn't shift 40k we'd struggle to get 30k

Sorry don't agree - we would sell out if we were there.

When we went for the JPT there were diversions etc in place too

These two sides don't have great support, but if their respectives towns can't get behind them for this sort of game it says alot about how the locals view them

I get it's easy to mock Swindon, but 6pm kick off with no trains, ****** if I'd be dishing out money for that

I'd rather watch it with a few mates with a few beers. Wembley is massively overrated, I'd save my money

Think it will be a cracker of a game though, will have a few goals I suspect

What for ?

So

Roundabout FC will take 3/4 times the average gate to Wembley.

About the same as City.

The Gas however tell everybody their the BEST.

The motorway was going to sink under the weight of the pilgrimage.

Then go on to let themselves down.

Let Bristol down.

And let John Cabot and Isambard Kingdom Brunel down.

So

Roundabout FC will take 3/4 times the average gate to Wembley.

About the same as City.

The Gas however tell everybody their the BEST.

The motorway was going to sink under the weight of the pilgrimage.

Then go on to let themselves down.

Let Bristol down.

And let John Cabot and Isambard Kingdom Brunel down.

And then let City's futsal team's tyres down.

And they're going down... AGAIN.

What a downer for the Downs league mob. 

Anyone see the article in the WDP regarding Swindon ticket sales for the play off final.

19,000 sold and slowed right up now, many reasons apparently from cost to transport. The way it's going the gas could take more than Swindle to Wembley!

Preston doing well with the same cost and transport problems 1200 left for resale tomorrow.

Swindon Town Mickey Mouse club

Reading the report on Swindon Rag....They had to return all unsold tickets to the FA Wednesday 08:00am

Swindon had sold 21,000 ....Preston about the same but Prestons were still on sale today!!!

Got to admire Lineker's initiative.... What better way to improve your green credentials than to get 20,000 Swindle fans to recycle all your empty ready salted Walkers crisp packets! ... The mans a genius!

Red and White bags on seats, brilliant.

Pity he didnt think of it sooner though he could've recycled at least *Forty or Fifty Thousand* of his Cheese and Onion flavour ones at the Non League Play-Off Final... ;) .... (* erm, according to widespread estimated Gas attendance predictions)

I know it's not much excuse but the 6pm ko time is ridiculous.

I would have thought, especially with transport problems, that you couldn't get any better KO time!

Longer to get there and a bank holiday the next day.

I would have thought, especially with transport problems, that you couldn't get any better KO time!

Longer to get there and a bank holiday the next day.

The kick off time may be perfect if you plan on spending the whole day in a boozer (which I do), but it's ridiculous if you've got young kids. It'll make for a very late night, a couple of people I know have said they'd have taken their family with them if it was earlier. Anyone that supports either side will be there, but the day trippers that usually make up the numbers clearly can't be bothered with the late KO and no trains for either us or Swindon

Archived