IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin
1 hour ago, hodge said:

Considered it then looked at the prices, for a 20 over game its taking the piss a bit.

Massively taking the piss, I got £60 tickets and there were two price groups higher than that !

I would never had gone had it not been at Taunton

Compare it to watching England Vs New Zealand, and England Vs Australia in the ICC Tournament at £30 a time

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Massively taking the piss, I got £60 tickets and there were two price groups higher than that !

I would never had gone had it not been at Taunton

Compare it to watching England Vs New Zealand, and England Vs Australia in the ICC Tournament at £30 a time

That's the thing, I got tickets to Eng vs NZ and Eng vs Pak for just a bit more than the cost of a ticket to Taunton. So potential 200 overs vs a potential 40 overs. 

I am sure this may have been discussed in the past 52 pages but, what on earth is going on with the cricket fixtures these days. I noticed this first last year, but this year seems worse. We have just had the best summer weather period in 41 years and yet there has hardly been a ball bowled. Gloucestershire are not due to play until Monday and that is after 17 days without a first team fixture of any kind, and yet they were trying to get games played in the middle of April Showers. 
I really struggle to understand how clubs to afford to lose so much playing time in good weather, it seems to make no sense at all.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure this may have been discussed in the past 52 pages but, what on earth is going on with the cricket fixtures these days. I noticed this first last year, but this year seems worse. We have just had the best summer weather period in 41 years and yet there has hardly been a ball bowled. Gloucestershire are not due to play until Monday and that is after 17 days without a first team fixture of any kind, and yet they were trying to get games played in the middle of April Showers. 
I really struggle to understand how clubs to afford to lose so much playing time in good weather, it seems to make no sense at all.

Part of the reason for Glos's extended break is the extra County Championship fixture they play in July at the Cheltenham festival (July 9th-12th - it's the only CC match being played then). 

12 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Part of the reason for Glos's extended break is the extra County Championship fixture they play in July at the Cheltenham festival (July 9th-12th - it's the only CC match being played then). 

OK. But I would have thought it would be better to start the season later and get a game into this period. I realise that the British weather is not predictable, but it would seem the weather is more likely to be better now than in April. Also it's not just Glos as far as I can see. 

43 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

A shame, but for the best. In the last couple of years in particular, he's clearly been struggling to see the play.

He has made some mistakes when on commentary reminded me of the final years of Murray Walker. Still be missed though especially with how bad some of the others are.

6 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

True enough Super. I certainly can't stand Swann with his stupid jokes and impressions. I do like Tuffers though.

Don't like him or Vaughan. I do like Tuffers also Vic Marks.

7 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I think Vaughan is alright, don't mind him. Agree about Vic but I'm actually not a huge fan of Aggers. You never know, they might replace Blowers with Paulie :whistle:

Not even remotely funny MR!