IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

• Admin

Not as heavy forecast - everything crossed !

I guess the positive way to look at it is 56% chance it wont rain- one thing that WILL play a big part if there is any play will be the light in the second innings - it will be worse than the Eng V SA game down there last month

Capture.PNG

• Admin
On 7/23/2017 at 18:31, Super said:

Cracking win

Great win - only just online now since Sunday - something went wrong with the Middlesex bowling at the end, they ended up with Higgins Bowling the penultimate over and being one short of what he could have bowled it meant Franklin came on to bowl his only over, bowling a wide a no ball and being hit for fun.

His last over 6, 1, Nb (1), dot, 1, Wide (1), 4  from his five legitimate deliveries 

Adam Hose to leave Somerset with immediate effect

Adam Hose will be leaving Somerset for Warwickshire County Cricket Club with immediate effect.

Despite the offer of a three year contract from Somerset CCC, Adam has taken the decision to accept an offer from Warwickshire for next season and wishes to leave with immediate effect.

58 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Really odd one. Perhaps one of the few positives of a poor first half of the season now gone. Feel a bit pissed off we gave him a chance when nobody else would and he leaves presumably for more money.  Odd choice in Warks given they seem even more likely for L2 than ourselves.   Maybe that was part of the reasoning - we don't want anyone who's not committed to survival.. 

Think the leaving with immediate effect hints at more, if it were just for more money it wouldn't matter waiting to leave till the end of the season.

24 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

But he's leaving for a club who are directly below us. I would say only one us is likely to survive at the very best. Therefore if you have a player who's vested interest in the other surviving then maybe its best he's gone.  

I just hope Hildys improved form of late continues when we return back to the 4 day games.

Sounds like it was his choice to want to leave though as opposed to the club being happy with him going, you'd think if the club were wanting him gone he wouldn't have been named on the T20 team sheet. I honestly think he's had a bust up with Maynard.