IGNORED

The County Cricket Thread

Coppello

10 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

never heard of him

Couldn't have watched too much county cricket over the past couple of years. He's a Taunton born spinner who has taken more wickets than any other Englishman (I believe( in the past two seasons in the County Championship. It was a bit ridiculous that he didn't get called up a year ago.

57 minutes ago, Super said:

What do you expect from an ex gloucestershire player!

He's not ours now, he's yours! You take the flack... Ha.

I'm unsure on this one. I think I feel sorry for him. Will be thrown under the bus, I'd put every penny I own that it wasn't his idea and he was instructed to do it, but still, saying yes was stupid.

20 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

He's not ours now, he's yours! You take the flack... Ha.

I'm unsure on this one. I think I feel sorry for him. Will be thrown under the bus, I'd put every penny I own that it wasn't his idea and he was instructed to do it, but still, saying yes was stupid.

Yep clearly the captain and coach were in on it as well. Lehmann gave the instruction for him to hide it.

Edited by Super

Wow!

It's a poor reflection of everyone in that dressing room. If we weren't caught I would still feel bad." "We spoke about it, and we thought it was a good way to get an advantage." Steve Smith responds to the ball tampering charge

31 minutes ago, Super said:

Wow!

It's a poor reflection of everyone in that dressing room. If we weren't caught I would still feel bad." "We spoke about it, and we thought it was a good way to get an advantage." Steve Smith responds to the ball tampering charge

That`s a bit of a `mea culpa` for sure! He`s as good as said the whole team and coaches are guilty of premeditated cheating. There`s grounds there for the ICCB banning Australia from test cricket IMO (not that they will, they`re the only team that fill grounds).