IGNORED

Brett Pitman

GrahamC

I swear some people have lost sight of the aim of the game, this sounds like a "what have the Romans ever done for us? type argument"

Some people think that goalscorers like Pitman are "luxury" players. The same ones who who criticised JET for his perceived lack of effort.

My point is that goalscorers are frequently less than energetic team players. That's not to devalue their importance.

Still makes me laugh how some thought Steve Davies was better than Brett.

Pitmans problem when he was with us was that the Management at the time was shocking, IMO he wasnt fit enough a lot of the time and I blame that on who is in charge.

Steve Davies however wasnt that bad when he was with us and scored more than Baldock did the season we went down.

I disagree, Atsu is a good talent with serious pace, Fererici a good backup keeper, Josh King gives them another option too. Add in Sylvan Distin's experience if they get him. Mings is young and a real athlete, a good signing.

I may actually put a fiver on them staying up. They'll do better than Burnley. I think they do have quality, those additions along with the likes of Ritchie and Callum Wilson give them a decent squad.

Seeing as Burnley only spent what they earned whereas Bournemouth are currently throwing money around like water that will be no achievement at all.

Bemused by those who claim to be "against modern football" yet laud a club with a wage bill that is 170% of turnover and backed by dubious Russians...

Seeing as Burnley only spent what they earned whereas Bournemouth are currently throwing money around like water that will be no achievement at all.

Bemused by those who claim to be "against modern football" yet laud a club with a wage bill that is 170% of turnover and backed by dubious Russians...

Well yes, my point was that Bournemouth and Burnley were respectively the "smaller" of the promoted clubs in their promotion seasons - I took it as face value rather than bringing in the fact Bournemouth have a wealthy backer. They are much better equipped than Burnley to stay up.

You could argue that he doesn't need to bring much more to the team if he's scoring loads of goals! Give me goals from my striker than a workhorse like Heskey or Stead any day.

You need a Heskey or Stead to compliment an Owen. You can't compare these players because they are totally different kinds of strikers.

Pitmans problem when he was with us was that the Management at the time was shocking, IMO he wasnt fit enough a lot of the time and I blame that on who is in charge.

Steve Davies however wasnt that bad when he was with us and scored more than Baldock did the season we went down.

Davies was clearly a talented player but never fit.  Sorry but these are adults being paid shed loads.  If they're not fit enough it's their fault.

Has it been said?.. Mings is Minging.. justified for 8 million? what is the world coming to.

McCarthy must know enough about Brett to not be concerned about his langourous movements.. they are deceptive mind and do frequently lure the opposition.

He might find a decent relationship with Skuse on the pitch; well obviously I did not mean off it.

Has it been said?.. Mings is Minging.. justified for 8 million? what is the world coming to.

McCarthy must know enough about Brett to not be concerned about his langourous movements.. they are deceptive mind and do frequently lure the opposition.

He might find a decent relationship with Skuse on the pitch; well obviously I did not mean off it.

Pitman is not as athletic as the myriad modern day muscle bound marathon runners who canter up and down the pitch with ease for 90 mins. and pass for 'footballers'.

He's got an ungainly running style that can appear to be lack of pace, even effort - we were warned about that by B'Mouth fans when he first signed and asked to take it easy on him, because there was no lack of effort, it's simply the way he's built and the way he is.

To counter that he is superb at finding space in the box, is a genuine footballer, and as natural a goalscorer as you're likely to see.

Good luck to him at Ipswich, I've no doubt at all he'll be a success there.

Is that a dig at me?

Pitman is not as athletic as the myriad modern day muscle bound marathon runners who canter up and down the pitch with ease for 90 mins. and pass for 'footballers'.

He's got an ungainly running style that can appear to be lack of pace, even effort - we were warned about that by B'Mouth fans when he first signed and asked to take it easy on him, because there was no lack of effort, it's simply the way he's built and the way he is.

To counter that he is superb at finding space in the box, is a genuine footballer, and as natural a goalscorer as you're likely to see.

Good luck to him at Ipswich, I've no doubt at all he'll be a success there.

Agree, he's a total natural footballer playing in a game which has unfortunately moved on and now values pace over technique and ability --- in England at least. If he was 10 or 15 years younger I think he would've forged a good Premier League career.

Agree, he's a total natural footballer playing in a game which has unfortunately moved on and now values pace over technique and ability --- in England at least. If he was 10 or 15 years younger I think he would've forged a good Premier League career.

A poor mans le tis

Archived