IGNORED

Which Tv Package Is Best Option For Me Next Year?

brady bunch

Presumably you're out of the 12 month term, in which case I would front sky and go through to retentions. BT Sport price I imagine is a fixed subscription, Sky being the conduit for collecting payment, so I doubt you'd knock off there, but you should certainly be able to battle your sky down without losing anything.

Forget subscribing to Sky. You get Prem Lge football and champs lge etc for the cost of broadband on BT. Just pay an extra fiver on top for BT Vision and you then get access to Sky Sports at 15 quid a month, better than a tenner a week on Now TV. I have timed it so I can watch the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ashes tests for just 15 quid. It would cost you 40 quid using Now TV.

Now TV is a good option, but you need broadband anyway to obtain it, so you might as well pay for BT Broadband and get loads of football, etc on top for next to nothing. If you don't mind paying 7 quid for one day on Now TV for Sky then great. But you might as well pay an extra 8 quid and get another 30 days of Sky via BT Vision.

I've been using this method for over a year now and am very pleased with it and I am definitely not paying through the nose for it.

I love my football and have done all of my life. I remember the days when the only games on TV were the FA Cup Final, the FA Amateur Cup Final and the November friendly that England played at Wembley on a Wednesday afternoon, when I was in school anyway!

I have always preferred watching live football whether it is professional Football League, or Kids in the park. I prefer to watch and pay the entrance money to a proper club with real people.

I have never contributed to Sky and rarely, like once every five years, go to a pub to watch a game. If a City away match is on I prefer to listen to Radio Bristol.

Give up your mega expensive Sky contract. Go to a local non league game and take your kids out. You'll find it more rewarding.

I have virgin media as well with broadband and home phone on xl package complete with sky f1 channel as well for about the same never had any probs with virgin but I had loads when I was with sky !

I think it relevant that with Virgin you do not own the equipment whereas with Sky you do. If your Virgin box goes they replace it, if sky goes you have to buy the new box... twice I've done this.

If you get the use out of it I would always opt for VM over Sky. It is generally more expensive than Sky as Sky perennially do great new customer deals (dreadful for existing unless you're leaving it seems). Virgin's on demand content however is far more extensive.

Archived