IGNORED

Premiership Loan Players To City

Major Isewater

Whilst waiting "anxiously " for new signings i was wondering how many Premiership loan players Cotts wants to bring in .

If he figures on 2 or 3 then we'll not sign many on permanent deals and it will be a while before the Prem clubs have settled on their squads.

The wait could be worth it if we bring in some gems .

I would hope it's none.

The team spirit was critical last year.  Some fancy-dan, can't be bothered, Premiershit (think Danny Rose) youth is the last thing we need.

Agree, 3 or 4 quality permanent additions to the squad and we won't need to do that. The power of last year's tight-knit group, with every player involved, shouldn't be underestimated. I wouldn't want us bloating our squad with loan signings that might upset the harmony and balance of the team.

Do most Prem teams let their players go out on loan to give them first team experience? I cannot see anyone dislodging any of our players from Day 1 and if they play well not at all. So there lies the rub; Prem teams want regular first team football for their understudies and we most certainly will not be guaranteeing that.

• Admin

Jordi hiwula would be a good signing Imo. Looked good against us for Walsall.

We tried before to sign him on loan and he never made it here

Maybe another Chelsea loanee - perhaps staying a bit longer this time?

I would hope it's none.

The team spirit was critical last year. Some fancy-dan, can't be bothered, Premiershit (think Danny Rose) youth is the last thing we need.

I agree with you in part and think that the noises ,very soft ones, coming out of Ashton Gate indicate that we will bring in some Prem . loan players .

Not all loans are bad , think Caulker or Matt Smith for example .

In a perfect world we would sign all on permanent transfer .

I would hope it's none.

The team spirit was critical last year.  Some fancy-dan, can't be bothered, Premiershit (think Danny Rose) youth is the last thing we need.

We had some loans last year which worked well - I think if we get loans like Todd Kane we will be fine

Do most Prem teams let their players go out on loan to give them first team experience? I cannot see anyone dislodging any of our players from Day 1 and if they play well not at all. So there lies the rub; Prem teams want regular first team football for their understudies and we most certainly will not be guaranteeing that.

Depends on which position we sign. If its a striker then yes they are, providing they are decent. Same goes for a CM, wouldn't mind us getting either Baker or Chabolah from Chelsea, either of them alongside Smith and Freeman would be a tasty midfield.

Depends on which position we sign. If its a striker then yes they are, providing they are decent. Same goes for a CM, wouldn't mind us getting either Baker or Chabolah from Chelsea, either of them alongside Smith and Freeman would be a tasty midfield.

Baker has already signed for Vitesse.

We would never get Chabolah... Watford are back in the hunt to sign him... and villa were rumoured interested in Jan.

If we are going to be taking Chelsea players then we should look at Loftus Cheek - hes a bright up and coming lad who Jose likes... i know hes kind of broken into the squad but he said at the end of the season he needs experience... whether that is at a lower league prem club or we could get him i dont know but id never see the harm in showing an interest because you never know.

Also Solonke... Such an impressed striker... 18 and ready for first team football... Di Matteo went as far to say he would love him at Shalke when he was there.

That's a shame, I reckon Baker & Bunn would've worked well together for us... Anyway he's gone to Holland so that's that,... a Triumph for Vitesse.

Hark the Herald angels sing.....Que Sera Sera whatever wheel be, wheel be.. etc.

Felt like I could spit fire when I heard.

Lingard would be fantastic but i dont think hes a realisic target!

Went to Derby in Jan, know they were near the top, but same opposition and in a squad where he's likely to get plenty of game time, worth an ask I'd expect, all they can say is no.

Archived