IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday Tickets (Merged) :petition Link Added

Dolman_Stand

What are Wednesday fans doing about this? Are they organising a response? Or are they bending over and having it quite rigourously slid up them?

If that happened here, I can guarantee you, I and a lot of others, would be doing something very 'active' for everyone's sakes.

To be fair to the owls harry they have just set up a petition to get match day ticket prices reduced. Not quite the same as us Bristol folk who like to have a bit of a riot.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/229315-petition-for-a-change-in-matchday-tickets-prices/

I note that the prices for the West Stand (Leppings Lane) where only away fans are situated, are not quoted in the Wednesday page about our match.

As it is behind the goal, should be, as many on here have assumed, the same as the Kop.

On a wider view of prices, it should make everyone who supports City, aware that our ticket prices are now probably a long way out of alignment to many Championship clubs.

Until last season, our prices had been held at the same level for the last four seasons at least, mainly because of the abysmal performances.

Last season's prices again were held at a similar level while this coming seasons are very similar, but with a bit of juggling to allow for the fact that most of us will have better facilities in the new/ refurbished South and Dolman than existed in the Williams and Atyeo to a lesser extent.

IF we have another successful season, the board will be in a real quandry because they have 27,000 seats to fill. Thus any significant price increase may deter new or returning fans.

But assuming the Wendy's prices are in line with other bigger Championship clubs, if we continue with our current pricing levels, that will mean our gate receipts could be some 40% lower than other for the same attendance numbers.

If the dream of success and ultimately, Premier League football, is to be realised, a massive increase in revenue is essential for the club.

So ultimately, stand in readiness for some whopping price increases at City in the not too distant future!

But thats not what he said? It was if anyone pays that price they are brain dead. Not no-one should pay this as a protest...

And not going because others can't afford it? Also a strange comment for what is some peoples hobby. I bought myself a new car a few months ago, but by that logic I should have bought an old banger because some people cant afford a new car? Or I should live in a bedsit because not everyone can afford a 3 bed house?

When i've gone looking for a new motorbike I have read the reviews and looked at each bikes pros and cons before going out and getting the best price. The difference between that and football is the emotional attachment I have with BCFC. I can't just read the reviews of another club and go follow them because it is cheaper. The club and I are not bound by just money. I think many of us are tied to the club for life. On holiday I don't phone my dad and ask him how my bike is. I phone my dad and ask him what the score was, who scored etc etc. 

But aren't we Bristol City supporters? Do you think Wednesday will care if there is mass boycott by away fans? Might be a bit harsh on our boys to see no one supporting them. Wednesday fans need to sort their own house out and put pressure on their board. The price is outrageous no doubt about that but how many people paid more for the Paint Pot Trophy at Wembley? This is our first game back in The Championship, far more important in my eyes and the boys deserves our support ( if you can afford it :-) )

But aren't we Bristol City supporters? Do you think Wednesday will care if there is mass boycott by away fans? Might be a bit harsh on our boys to see no one supporting them. Wednesday fans need to sort their own house out and put pressure on their board. The price is outrageous no doubt about that but how many people paid more for the Paint Pot Trophy at Wembley? This is our first game back in The Championship, far more important in my eyes and the boys deserves our support ( if you can afford it :-) )

I am a City supporter, but in 20 years I may not be able to go as I can't afford it. BCFC is part of my greater love for football. And football is dying on its arse for fans who attend games. Your argument is similar to the Cardiff fans who continued to go despite the colour change. It is hard I know to abandon your club for the greater good but sometimes you have to just say "sod it" this has to change. 

I am a City supporter, but in 20 years I may not be able to go as I can't afford it. BCFC is part of my greater love for football. And football is dying on its arse for fans who attend games. Your argument is similar to the Cardiff fans who continued to go despite the colour change. It is hard I know to abandon your club for the greater good but sometimes you have to just say "sod it" this has to change.

Have you still got a nose on that face of yours :-) look if these were prices for our home games then I would be backing boycotts 100% but I don't see how you think it will make a difference? Wednesday would probably love it if we didn't turn up as they can save even more money on policing and stewarding

Sorry maybe I was harsh. I would never commit to travel etc until tickets and the date and time of the game are set in stone but thats just me.

I still stand by my point that football fans are to blame for clubs charging as much as they want as they know they will pay it and if one doesn't then another days. Until all football fans stand together and unite over ticket prices then they will carry on becoming more expensive.

The government need to get involved in this and make it so that ticket prices are fixed at between 20-25 in all divisions.

I realy want to post that no-one should go as a matter of principle but as mentioned many have already organised travel and quite a few, mysellf included are wondering if I want to miss our first game back in the Championship.

And I think, as others have said, might need to get used to this; what with the far greater disparity between Prem and everyone else especially those in the 2nd tier who have no parachute payments there is undoubtedly huge pressure on their budgets vis a vis trying to compete.

Does not condone it in anyway but you can see how some boards take the 'easy' route on paper by just cranking the numbers and not using their heads a little more and figuring out, duhhhh not hard, that there is going to be a backlash.

In the longer term the disparity issue is going to increase the already major rift valley between the top flight and, let us say, 3/4 of the Championship and everybody else. The solution is for the 72 in the FL to somehow sell their television rights in a stand out deal around the world that closes the gap.

Have you still got a nose on that face of yours :-) look if these were prices for our home games then I would be backing boycotts 100% but I don't see how you think it will make a difference? Wednesday would probably love it if we didn't turn up as they can save even more money on policing and stewarding

But if football fans continue to pay then prices will keep on rising. If clubs learned that BCFC fans will not pay inflated prices, perhaps we would get a better deal. And this is bigger than City, this is an issue with football.

Archived