IGNORED

Boycott Sheffield Wednesday (Merged)

sglosbcfc

There seems to be general consensus that the prices for Hillsborough are a joke and City fans shouldn't pay. I think it should be an official boycott and instead we should have a party to mark our return to the Championship in Bristol. Get local pubs involved, big speakers with the live commentary, loads of booze, flags out etc.

Boycott?! Ok, whatever.

I'm just not going because of the price.

Some will still go nonetheless. Don't embarrass our team on their return to the Championship. The suggestion is embarrasing alone.

Go if you want, don't go for whatever reason....

Why is making a stand embarrassing? Maybe Wednesday will think twice if the City following is 300 instead of 3000. I will use the money saved to attend a different City away game I wouldn't have otherwise been going too.

Boycott?! Ok, whatever.

Some will still go nonetheless. Don't embarrass our team on their return to the Championship. The suggestion is embarrasing alone.

Why is it embarrassing. When strikes happen people still turn up to work but it is about the majority. Lazio fans boycotted some games last season but there were still thousands there, just the majority did not turn up. If you don't want to try and make football better that is fine, it's your opinion, but don't piss on people who do or at least want to try.

Boycott?! Ok, whatever.

^^ This.

Don't want to pay don't go.  Stop trying to coax others in to not going by way of a 'boycott'.

^^ This.

Don't want to pay don't go.  Stop trying to coax others in to not going by way of a 'boycott'.

You don't get it, I could afford to pay those prices but many can't. This is solidarity with the majority of City fans who will not be in hugely well paid jobs. And what about the concessions prices, they are disgusting, how could the average bloke afford to take his 2-3 kids to a match like this. Greedy owners only get the message if fans take a stand, I really believe a turn out of 300 instead of 3000 would make Wednesday reconsider their pricing, that is a lot of money to lose.

Agreed - enough is enough. Prices will just keep rising unless fans actually speak with their feet. I'd say my boycotting the game expresses my love for City more than going and paying such an outrageous price. If we really think football clubs should put fans first (what is football without fans?!), then we need to stand for this. If in some way my boycotting this game (with other City fans) can show SWFC (& City) that clubs can't treat their fans like this, then hopefully we'll help to build a more fan-centred game, where we're treated like valued supporters, not customers at a shop or worse, cash cows to be exploited.

#BoycottWednesday

I'm going as minibus etc already hired and paid for

Sheffield Wednesday are a disgrace to football, Im desperate to get a result there now - the lower they are down the league the better for me and that will affect their chairman more than a boycott of city fans.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EXPLOITATION OF AWAY FANS. If 1000 less Bristol City fans turn up they won't care because they'll have managed to get an extra 5000 Owls fans through the turnstiles through excitement at all the signings they've made

I think it's a ludicrous price to pay for 2nd tier football, but I'm going to go because I live in Sheffield and have a baby due 2 days before Rotherham away so this may be my only chance to see City before Leeds away in January. Might get down to Bristol in April, but it'll be hard to get tickets for our run to the championship ;-)

I agree with the sentiment of the boycott, but it's 1 game on the first day of the season when the newswires will be buzzing with all sorts and only a couple of hundred turning up to Hillsboro won't register.

I'm excluded from purchasing things I'd like to all the time because they're too expensive... What's the difference really?

Quite simple, in this instance positive action to try to effect change. Even if it is in vain, hey better to try and fail.

If you make the economics fail - mass action - supply and demand will eventually dictate price movements. If 3,000 still turn up meh I don't judge them, but doesn't mean I ever have to stomach those prices. Whether you want to label that a 'boycott' or my choosing not to go I don't really care as it amounts to the exact same thing in reality. One just sounds far more emotive than the other.

the thing I don't get - their chairman has argued that they are experimenting with pricing to see what the market will sustain. This commercially makes sense (outside of any ethical consideration). the question for me is - if they have set the prices after analysing attendances and pricing in the past then they must be confident of our willingness to pay; if they have not then they have a pretty blunt pricing model. If he is going for profit maximising (to get them promoted); then I fear he may have got his pricing model wrong - or he is using a rather strange set of inputs! I suspect this is someone trying to apply a pricing model from one industry to another without analysing the specificities of that market.

Archived