IGNORED

Boycott Sheffield Wednesday (Merged)

sglosbcfc

Yep 39 quid is a lot of wedge.

Unfortunately some clubs will take the piss and it seems Sheffield Wed are the urinal in this case.

The idea of having a big party and listening to the commentary at 3Lions/Robins et al is a bloody good one for ALL away games!

Yep 39 quid is a lot of wedge.

Unfortunately some clubs will take the piss and it seems Sheffield Wed are the urinal in this case.

The idea of having a big party and listening to the commentary at 3Lions/Robins et al is a bloody good one for ALL away games!

Or go to Sheffield and party outside the ground

I agree comparisons to Man City are misleading; it totally disregards there much greater turnover, sponsorship income, abilities to sustain losses etc.

But I think there is some merit in comparisons... this is Sheffield after all. The place of 'the Full Monty' and hardly a regional powerhouses or a particularly prosperous place. To that end I think it does highlight some of the absurdity when compared to our ticket prices and the regional prosperity and cost of living etc.

You're absolutely right though, the biggest comparison which speaks far louder is the Reading one.

To be fair Sheffield is the home of Warp Records which is awesome ;)

On a football note, their pricing is a disgrace... Thing is you could on some level understand if a relegated club were charging 35+ not some washed up club who've basically done nothing for 20 years. I was looking forward to going and while I can afford it, I wont be on principle.

As a wednesday fan I fully respect your stance and don't blame you lot for boycotting the fixture. The prices are dam right disgusting and although you have to put up with it for 1 fixture sadly this is the future of our club and what we will have to put up with week in week out. Modern football really has had its day. I wish all fans of different clubs would unite and say enough is enough but they won't as there are too many sad people in this world where football is the only thing in there lives.

Good luck for the boycott, I won't be going either on principal however I will be going down to Ashton Gate later in the season.

Good luck for the season.

How ever you view this situation if you and football fans in general feel strongly about the cost you have to be vocal and say so as given any chance a football club is out to get as much money from you as possible. This price in crease from last season came as a bolt out of the blue with the last few months euphoria at last seasons great success. Reality is it will not be the only one at this price and reality is myself and my fellow travellers will be going to a lot less games this season and the deciding factor is cost increase. What it does mean though is I will support any incentive from fellow City fans to keep football affordable.

Bought our tickets - first game back in the championship, yeh its an extra tenner than normal... wont make a habit of paying prices like that but if we ever get in the premier league then expect to pay even more!!

For some, but significantly not all, away games true enough but the difference is I would be watching Premier League Football.... not what was once a great for-the-community but now decaying football club trying to live on past glories without any real justification. 

I honestly used to have passing like of Sheff Weds. No real idea why but certainly one of those clubs that if I was watching a neutral match I'd be happy to see them win. Not anymore. I sincerely hope that if we are not promoted this year (and I have zero expectations that we might be I should add) they get relegated simply because if that's the way they want to treat away fans I hope we don't have away games there.

Glories your club would die for.....

Are Sheff Wed's "glories" really much to write home about though?

We are currently heading in the right direction in terms of development (a club that seemingly cares about fans, morals, a stadium to be proud of, good team ethics etc), I would rather have that than what you guys have at the moment.

Glories your club would die for.....

League winners: 1903, 1904, 1929 and 1930

FA Cup:  1896, 1907 and 1935

League Cup:  1991

The League Cup was 24 years ago, a very decent trophy but hardly "glory".  

I don't think my club would "die" to have last had glory with something won 80 years ago!

And winning stuff in the 1930s doesn't justify silly ticket prices in 2015.

Archived