IGNORED

Boycott Sheffield Wednesday (Merged)

sglosbcfc

Just booked 2 tickets,guy said we have sold nearly 500,so not to bad

I can't understand why anyone is booking tickets now unless they have already booked travel.  London BCFC were due to take 10-15 to this game and now none of us are going. 

Its not really a matter of money for me but the principle.

It will be a little embarrasing if over 1000 turn up after we have tried to make a point.

Sack it off!

Imo 500 is 500 too many. I appreciate those who already had train tickets but nothing will change till people stop blindly buying and see the big picture.

It won't change then, as long as there is a TV audience it will continue,

If everyone in this country stopped watching the prem it wouldn't make a difference because of the world wide audience :(

I can understand categorising matches, for those who pick their games and just turn up for the "big" games or local derbies, but this shouldn't be for away fans IMO, who already have additional costs for the day.

It needs all clubs in the division to agree to a fixed price for away fans though.

Even if it's the first, say 1,000 or 500 tickets made available at a fixed fee.

It's easily done and something the FA should control.

It's something that I'd love to champion and arrange with the clubs, but little old me wouldn't carry enough of a voice on my own to get it started.

Fair point. From my perspective I don't get a discount to watch us play Gillingham so I don't really want to pay a premium to watch us in a 'big' game - no disrespect to Gillingham, I'm very much referring to the number of times we have played them recently.

I understand about the day trippers etc but that's where I would say it's for the club to run a loyalty scheme or make membership more robust rather than simply pay a tenner and get the full benefits versus someone who has been a member for a year and gone to 22 games. - I know that's not the deal, not what you pay a tenner for etc, but actually I just see the membership as akin to a tax where (like this season) if you want to POTD realistically you've no choice but join.

Fair point. From my perspective I don't get a discount to watch us play Gillingham so I don't really want to pay a premium to watch us in a 'big' game - no disrespect to Gillingham, I'm very much referring to the number of times we have played them recently.

I understand about the day trippers etc but that's where I would say it's for the club to run a loyalty scheme or make membership more robust rather than simply pay a tenner and get the full benefits versus someone who has been a member for a year and gone to 22 games. - I know that's not the deal, not what you pay a tenner for etc, but actually I just see the membership as akin to a tax where (like this season) if you want to POTD realistically you've no choice but join.

From a business point of things and the clubs point of view, you would charge a bit more to watch Leeds then you would to watch gillingham because you are stuck with a higher police bill have to hire more stewards and stadium staff etc,

So I can see why it's done, I don't agree with it but I see why, and really it's only those of potd and aren't members who have to pay the most

I can't understand why anyone is booking tickets now unless they have already booked travel. London BCFC were due to take 10-15 to this game and now none of us are going.

Its not really a matter of money for me but the principle.

It will be a little embarrasing if over 1000 turn up after we have tried to make a point.

Sack it off!

I disagree. I went to every home game and most away games last season, in the hope that we would make it back to the championship and I don't want to miss our first game back there.

I disagree with the ticket price and will not spend a penny more inside the ground and I've emailed Sheffield Wednesday letting them know my opinion. I'm all for a protest and banners at the ground & I'll be on board with any campaign to make pricing fairer.

I do not want to miss this (or any other) game that I can get too, so I will begrudgingly pay it but make my disapproval known.

Not going would be a case of cutting off my nose to spite my face, so I will be going. Our players deserve the support and these games are what we've waited 2 years for.

I disagree. I went to every home game and most away games last season, in the hope that we would make it back to the championship and I don't want to miss our first game back there.

I disagree with the ticket price and will not spend a penny more inside the ground and I've emailed Sheffield Wednesday letting them know my opinion. I'm all for a protest and banners at the ground & I'll be on board with any campaign to make pricing fairer.

I do not want to miss this (or any other) game that I can get too, so I will begrudgingly pay it but make my disapproval known.

Not going would be a case of cutting off my nose to spite my face, so I will be going. Our players deserve the support and these games are what we've waited 2 years for.

this^^

Each to their own.

Some of our players are probably well on their way to becoming millionaires so they should understand the fans predicament. Being a football supporter isn't unconditional to me.  If things happen that we don't like it is our responsibility to fight the establishment, nobody else will.  For example, I found the Glazier takeover of Man United absolutely appalling.  Even if I was a lifelong United season ticket holder I would never have gone back there after that.  There are some things which are unrepairable.

By going to the game you are essentially making a statement that it is acceptable to charge 39 pounds.  Even if in your head you don't agree with it.

Each to their own.

Some of our players are probably well on their way to becoming millionaires so they should understand the fans predicament. Being a football supporter isn't unconditional to me. If things happen that we don't like it is our responsibility to fight the establishment, nobody else will. For example, I found the Glazier takeover of Man United absolutely appalling. Even if I was a lifelong United season ticket holder I would never have gone back there after that. There are some things which are unrepairable.

By going to the game you are essentially making a statement that it is acceptable to charge 39 pounds. Even if in your head you don't agree with it.

I fully understand that angle. I understand why people won't be going.

I understand the merits of staying away, but I don't want to miss it. I'm going because fortunately I can afford too. I certainly would borrow the money or go without, in order to go.

I have nothing but respect for you. But I won't let my loyalty be an excuse for a club to take advantage of me.

I have nothing but respect for you. But I won't let my loyalty be an excuse for a club to take advantage of me.

I fully appreciate that view and stance. I am torn on it and haven't yet bought my ticket, but it's pointless me saying I'm not going , when in truth I probably will do.

If nobody else that I usually go with turns out to be going, then that is what would stop me, but I hope that's not going to be the case.

It won't change then, as long as there is a TV audience it will continue,

If everyone in this country stopped watching the prem it wouldn't make a difference because of the world wide audience :(

If the grounds were empty it would, football fans should pick a Saturday in ( say) October and have a national strike.

No one go in the ground, the clubs and tv companies would shit themselves.

No crowd, no product.

Just asking, not a show of my opinion:

Is there anyone going because they don't see a problem with charging 39 pounds and are just willing to pay it?

I'm going because one of the lads has already put time and effort in to sorting the mini bus,

Archived