IGNORED

Greg Cunningham - Pne (Merged)

pnefcok

Has it crossed anyone's mind that this whole thread could be a load of carp?

I just can't see us letting Greg go at this stage of pre-season, unless Joe Bryan is actually a cyborg and guaranteed to play every single match this year, which could be a possibility.

I just can't see us letting Greg go at this stage of pre-season, unless Joe Bryan is actually a cyborg and guaranteed to play every single match this year, which could be a possibility.

Can't believe the Lancashire paper would say he's agreed a 2 year deal if he hasn't. It's one thing to speculate on interest and bids, but to say a player has signed subject to a medical is pretty strong. Unless there has been a hitch or sudden u-turn from Greg, I think he's gone.

Can't believe the Lancashire paper would say he's agreed a 2 year deal if he hasn't. It's one thing to speculate on interest and bids, but to say a player has signed subject to a medical is pretty strong. Unless there has been a hitch or sudden u-turn from Greg, I think he's gone.

Could be he wants to play one more match for City ... :whistle2:

Even if he hasn't gone he has had his head turned now, or at least other clubs have become aware he might fancy a move/we would sell.

But then again, wasnt it only a couple of weeks ago we had practically signed Bunn, he had undertaken a medical and everything according to some...and where is he now.

Even if he hasn't gone he has had his head turned now, or at least other clubs have become aware he might fancy a move/we would sell.

But then again, wasnt it only a couple of weeks ago we had practically signed Bunn, he had undertaken a medical and everything according to some...and where is he now.

No where , otherwise known as Ashton Villa .

Hopefully it is. Time will tell. It does seem strange but football, as we all know, is a funny old game.

Scout for the Academy.

Hope he is better at it than football management.

Hopefully we have 11 cyborgs guaranteed to play every match, given the size of the squad!

He's got a year left on his contract I doubt very much if he would command that much of a fee.

I wouldn't rule out agent talk here try to get a contract extension, I'd much prefer him stay than wagstaff but at the moment we've nothing on the right side of defence, far from an ideal close season.

Let's see what happens in the next few days, I've got a feeling next week could be an exciting one (no source or itk BS).

He's got a year left on his contract I doubt very much if he would command that much of a fee.

I wouldn't rule out agent talk here try to get a contract extension, I'd much prefer him stay than wagstaff but at the moment we've nothing on the right side of defence, far from an ideal close season.

Let's see what happens in the next few days, I've got a feeling next week could be an exciting one (no source or itk BS).

Hope you're right about next week. May see anywhere between 2 and 5 new faces if we're lucky. As for Cunningham fee, I'd have thought it could be over 500k for us to sell.

With the state of the squad I reckon it'd have to be somewhere near 500k to turn our heads.

And the chance to save a chunk of wages maybe. He signed for us from Man City, having been on loan to Leicester and Forest, so I bet we had to pay good Championship wages for a good pedigree. I guess he would ave taken a payout for our two years in League One, but now we are promoted again I wonder if we have to now pay those big wages again, probably in a clause somewhere. Maybe Cotterill sees him as not being good value for that money, we will never know the facts so just a guess.

I believe playing for Ireland is very important to him, he hasn't had a sniff because of our league status for a while. I think he sees this slipping away from him. Can't blame him for trying to play for his country can you, I'm sure that's as much motive for him than money. Regular football to play for Ireland.

Hope so, based on reviews he's highly regarded there (based on never seeing him live mind!)

I would be a bit surprised, pleasantly surprised, if this was the case.

My mate is fanatical turkey utd supporter, he said to me last week we are signing him & reckons he is a fantastic little player.

Archived