IGNORED

Levi Ives

gibbo7

Don't know anything about him - what kind of player is he?

For you mate, I'm prepared to make this up...

A marauding left back who's comfortable on the ball and doesn't mind getting forward. A little lightweight but given his age, can only get stronger and faster. A real gem for the future.

Ives looks a likely replacement for Cunningham then. I'd be worried whether stepping up from the Conference to the Championship is too much of a jump for a lad with little experience straight away though.

He clearly looks like Cunninghams replacement, I'd agree. It is a very big step up but if he can make the grade then it's a great bit of business financially.

Sorry to see Gregg move on, but have trust in SC & KB's assessment of this new lad.

He clearly looks like Cunninghams replacement, I'd agree. It is a very big step up but if he can make the grade then it's a great bit of business financially.

Sorry to see Gregg move on, but have trust in SC & KB's assessment of this new lad.

Taking the long term view I'm guessing the thought has crossed SC's mind that Joe Bryan won't be with us forever and if/when that time comes there will be a ready made replacement.

Or that he's "God's footballer". I also heard he had an uncle who once played for Red Star Belgrade.

And on the subject of Billy Bragg. The song "Saturday Boy" features the brilliant line "I never made the first team..... I just made the first team laugh". Let's hope that doesn't come true!

Cool. Can someone ask if he can and sit in the dolman and check the sightlines?

Thought to be best youth player ever to come out of Torquay.  18 year old left back, strong and voted best player when Northern Ireland won the Youth Milk Cup. Chased by scouts from all the top clubs but probably has come to us for more game time. At first I though he was bought for the U21's but now that Greg has gone he looks likely to be Bryans understudy. Top prospect.   

I've seen him play a couple times and have friends who are Torquay season card holders.

We all agree, however much potential he has, there's no way he'll be playing much championship football this season.

He reminded me a bit of Tommy Doc, good on the ball, good passer of the ball but slow. He will also represent the same country as a Tommy.

Let's hope he goes on to be as good, hopefully better and quicker.

Archived