IGNORED

Are You Patient, Bored Or Worried?

Tomo

I'm worried about whether my season ticket will arrive before the first match, and if it does, how many other people have been sold the same seat.

Edit - just read the DL message. Originally they were going to be sent out mid July!

Bored of people being worried.

Worried of people being bored, because we were never being boring. We had too much time to find for ourselves and we were never being boring. We dressed up and fought then thought make amends.

Story of Otib really.

Bored at the lack of signings and being patient and looking on here every hour. Starting to worry that we have missed out on some targets and now there aren't many options that fit our recruitment set up. Still somewhat patient but every day that goes by I feel more and more anxious. Still trust though! I'm sure we'll be fine.

Lot of people on this thread kidding themselves that barely having enough players to make up a matchday squad, with less than two weeks to go until the season starts, isn't a cause for concern.

As things stand, we are about to enter a season in a higher division with a weaker squad than we had last year. Not saying the situation won't resolve itself in the next week or so, which is what I expect to happen, but right now I'd say that's very concerning and I'm not sure why people are scared to admit it.

Lot of people on this thread kidding themselves that barely having enough players to make up a matchday squad, with less than two weeks to go until the season starts, isn't a cause for concern.

As things stand, we are about to enter a season in a higher division with a weaker squad than we had last year. Not saying the situation won't resolve itself in the next week or so, which is what I expect to happen, but right now I'd say that's very concerning and I'm not sure why people are scared to admit it.

Bit of a confused post!

I'm bored of looking at the website to find that nothings happened. Although I would love to be a fly on the wall in the managers office at the moment to see the behind the scenes dynamics which result in absolutely nothing to happen at the moment, just at a time when it should be.

Would SC have let all those players go, if by the 28th July we would have only made one first team signing? What does he really think of the pillars thing? and how tempted he would be if another club like Leicester came along right now? Clearly our squad is a good deal weaker than it was 2 months ago and we're now being fed a line that those who weren't good enough to make the team last year have suddenly got good enough. 

For me it's seems way too quiet, I'm curious to know why, as for all the talk about everyone being very active behind the scenes, there's nothing to show for it.

Clearly our squad is a good deal weaker than it was 2 months ago and we're now being fed a line that those who weren't good enough to make the team last year have suddenly got good enough. 

For me it's seems way too quiet, I'm curious to know why, as for all the talk about everyone being very active behind the scenes, there's nothing to show for it.

Where did you see that? I think I've read everything coming out from BCFC and watched all the interviews but I'm at a loss to find where we're being 'fed a line'. Let us know.

My understanding is that those players are playing because

a) they play for BCFC and SC is trying them out and also lacks a full squad

and

b) we haven't yet assembled this season's full squad.

As evident on the U21 thread, I am bored as f........... BUT also starting to get worried now. It is too close to the season to integrate 5/8 new players and that is what we need. It has to be business as usual and settle the new signings in before chucking them in to the team in an effort to improve us. We have to be looking at first teamers but that ship has sailed now for the seasons start.

As evident on the U21 thread, I am bored as f........... BUT also starting to get worried now. It is too close to the season to integrate 5/8 new players and that is what we need. It has to be business as usual and settle the new signings in before chucking them in to the team in an effort to improve us. We have to be looking at first teamers but that ship has sailed now for the seasons start.

If we buy a player in say January they need to settle into an established team straight away and we accept this. If we don't bring players in early in the close season it is a huge problem. Does anyone else see how contradictory this is ?

If we buy a player in say January they need to settle into an established team straight away and we accept this. If we don't bring players in early in the close season it is a huge problem. Does anyone else see how contradictory this is ?

Big mistake there Tone - applying logic and common sense to OTIB.

Contradictory is a byword for many OTIB posters

Tone, I see your point, I genuinely do. If it was one player though, you can absorb that. We are talking near double digits to fill out our squad now though. We cantered through league one with a tiny squad but got really lucky with injuries. We have lost several players now and haven't replaced yet. It has to happen but you cannot expect to have them all ready for the start of the season. My point is valid despite what you may think to the contrary.

I think he has lost some patients and perhaps a little faith. 

Archived