IGNORED

U21 V Taunton Town

redpole

• Admin

That herbal life started with mark little. He's still here. It is a crap product though and I do feel a bit uneasy with our players trying to push it.

Is he still involved in it though, he's not mentioned it on Twitter since September last year.

I went to watch the Under 21's v Taunton, my first game at non first team level for many years, due to various factors.

Watching any game as a non scout will not allow one to concentrate on any particular player so my comments are in the main, more general than specific to a few. The Taunton first team squad with a good few seasoned non league members was a good test and the City boys stood up very well.

All of the squad had the basics like good ball control and awareness of colleagues. The shape is 3-5-2 and the players mostly held this shape. City controlled the game when they played possession football, but lost out to bigger opponents when a longer game was played.

Some of the team that at present appear to be looking good for a career in football are Ashley Harper (RWB) Zak Vyner & Billy Murphy (CB) Tom Fry & George Dowling (CM) Jake Andrews & Joe Morrell(MF).

Cissokho did OK, Marley Bishop-Wisdom had the last 30 minutes but hardly saw the ball.

I enjoyed the quality and commitment and would encourage all City fans to attend more Under 21 matches. Even the atmosphere of a few hundred at games can help the boys.

I went to watch the Under 21's v Taunton, my first game at non first team level for many years, due to various factors.

Watching any game as a non scout will not allow one to concentrate on any particular player so my comments are in the main, more general than specific to a few. The Taunton first team squad with a good few seasoned non league members was a good test and the City boys stood up very well.

All of the squad had the basics like good ball control and awareness of colleagues. The shape is 3-5-2 and the players mostly held this shape. City controlled the game when they played possession football, but lost out to bigger opponents when a longer game was played.

Some of the team that at present appear to be looking good for a career in football are Ashley Harper (RWB) Zak Vyner & Billy Murphy (CB) Tom Fry & George Dowling (CM) Jake Andrews & Joe Morrell(MF).

Cissokho did OK, Marley Bishop-Wisdom had the last 30 minutes but hardly saw the ball.

I enjoyed the quality and commitment and would encourage all City fans to attend more Under 21 matches. Even the atmosphere of a few hundred at games can help the boys.

Summed up very well

Thought the keeper had a decent game as well, apart from a couple of poor kicks.

I know it was only a friendly but I was disappointed to see Wade coming on, he's the manager and should manage from the touch line.

Although the way things are at the moment a place on the bench for the first team is not out of the question.

Is there any more info on Cissoko yet?

All I know is he is a Spanish trialist .

Great isn't it... why not involve the fans more, and get them excited about following the Club and not just the first team.

How many City fans know much about the Academy and it's players.

Why not interview the players, the coaching staff about how it's going?

Thought the keeper had a decent game as well, apart from a couple of poor kicks.

I know it was only a friendly but I was disappointed to see Wade coming on, he's the manager and should manage from the touch line.

Although the way things are at the moment a place on the bench for the first team is not out of the question.

Apparently Wade came on in the second half as a makeshift defender, allowing Billy Murphy to push forward into his preferred midfield role.

Like the first team squad they are short on numbers....plus a few were away recently in Portugal.

Apparently Wade came on in the second half as a makeshift defender, allowing Billy Murphy to push forward into his preferred midfield role.

Like the first team squad they are short on numbers....plus a few were away recently in Portugal.

Two of the four youngsters in Portugal played.

Only O'Learly and Kelly didn't, although Kelly would of probably meant Wade wouldn't of needed to come on.

Thought the keeper was really poor!

Funny how we all see games differently

Max is the better of the two goalkeepers.

Jo Jo has some serious flaws in his game which need to be ironed out ASAP

Agree, put on a thread a bit back, I have been impressed with Max every time I have seen him play. There is still time with Jo Jo,, one of the things I have noticed with him is that he panics with the ball at his feet and seems to tense up.

Thought i hadn't seen his name on the tour but was too lazy to check for sure and didn't know if i'd missed an injury or some other reason for his absence.

Short of tearing up his contract i guess only real option is to loan him the same as Osborne but for that you need someone to actually want him. Shame really.

I saw El Abd in the playground of Greville Smyth Park with his toddler and Mrs when the squad were in Portugal. Was going to chat to him but then realised that my youngest had gone missing so didn't get the opportunity.

I suppose the old chestnut of "Player Manager" come to mind.

When he is on the pitch, he can influence the rest of the team in a more direct way and Wade did this, calling to others with a view to helping them.

However, while on the pitch, he will find it difficult to see the "bigger picture" that one gets from the touchline.

We should remember that Wade is a fledgling manager and as such will do what he can to still do a bit on the pitch. When he realises that his job is to watch, analyse and govern from a distance, albeit only on the touchline, is the time that he will become Wade Elliott, Manager.

Thought the keeper was really poor!

Funny how we all see games differently

I'm with you, he looks a flapper every time I've watched him. Doesnt command his area & kicking is poor which he showed yesterday. He is a talker though ill give him that & a half decent shot stopper. O'Leary the far more polished keeper out the two. Not sure of both their ages do you know?

Archived