IGNORED

Jesse Lingard

Cider-in-a-can

• Admin

Here is something that will surprise you.... Hardly anyone up here knows that we have a new stadium being built or a wealthy owner.

Also my point was that an England under 21 member of the Manchester United first team squad is likely to get attention from other clubs. Clubs which may well pay a bigger fee. Maybe closer to where he lives. Maybe a division higher etc

I'll be delighted if he comes here but so far our problem has been bigger clubs out bidding us and that is something I would expect to happen for a United first team squad player who plays in the u21 England squad.

However, if we were trying to convince Mr Lingard to sign for us, someone at Bristol City may have pointed these things out to him in an attempt to sway his decision so whether he knew or not in the first place means eff all.

Why would he not come here? We walked the league last season, the stadium is being transformed into a modern unit, Bristol is a great place to live, and we are a club on the up with a hugely wealthy owner.

A typical Mancy attitude?

With all due respect because as CM correctly said, he's well thought of at Man U and was expected to be playing first team football.

We'd all choose to play for City but as a neutral I'm sure Mn Utd are a bigger draw!!!!!

In some respects that's an easier story to make up than him coming to us because of the McClaren link, though if he rated him that much from his time at Derby he might have started him more. It's also much, much more believeable to be fair

So he'd go from being in Manchester United's U21 to Newcastle's U22/bench? If that's what he wants then I don't want him. Of course it was always extremely unlikely he comes here but if we got him you'd imagine he was ambitious. There isn't a team in the premier league where he starts and not many he'd be a regular off the bench. Higher championship clubs he'd more likely get time to play.

However, if we were trying to convince Mr Lingard to sign for us, someone at Bristol City may have pointed these things out to him in an attempt to sway his decision so whether he knew or not in the first place means eff all.

I'd hope so!!!!!

I think Manc was trying to voice that a lot of Man Utd fans and by the look of it the managerial team there think this season would see him maybe play some more first team football, in which case why come edit due to pedantic forum member/shock!:168 miles south to do the same thing here, leaving friends, home and to play in a team that were league one etc.....

Whatever happens here, there is a huge question to ask why us?

Especially when you think of where he could go, of course I'd be delighted to have him here and his signing would definitely pave the way for more of the same.

You must admit it's a very random rumour, I think it's got legs but probably just a way to drum up business and alert other clubs to his availability?

Only time will tell Ian, interesting all the same.....

• Admin

What and drop my son in the shit. No thanks

Typical on here always disbelieve even if the source has good reason to believe it's true

Do you always believe everything people you don't know anything about tell you? You're very trusting if you do.

in fairness we get so many and most are BS.

No reason to bullshit.

I asked my boy to ask if it was true and he came back to me and said yes.

I don't pretend to be itk just happen to know someone in this instance.

If things change in the meantime then maybe it's because of all things being let slip etc

Archived