IGNORED

God Awful/ Cringeworthy Adverts On Telly

Lack of Action Man

Recently ive noticed a load of adverts are taking well known tunes as their music, but changing one note somewhere in the song

I presume this is to dodge having to pay any legitimate fee to the writer of the song, but for some reason it makes me bizarrely angry

Either pay for the song, or don't use it!

I cant even give you an example now of the top of my head, but keep your eye out for it and see if you know what i mean.

strange rant over ha

Down here in Oz we get some absolutely belting (awful) ads. Usual small businesses but sometimes politicians get in on the act as well...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYewrAWr8i0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ_zYZBDmls

Ha ha. I was going to mention the local TV ads in Australia when I saw the thread.

Like Radio adverts, but on the TV.

The go compare advert with the bloke in the high heels and the shorts. Not cos of that, but cos of Sharon Osbournes botox afflicted face at the end that doesn't move when she is talking.

I have to avert my eyes as it freaks me out cos it looks so weird. :grr:

I believe that was recently voted the worst advert, yet the most successful for the Money Supermarket company purely for that fact. It got people taking so the negative was actually a positive.

Odd world is advertising, like those Meerkats, hugely successful but what exactly is the product? Meerkat toys some people believe!

Such a different marketing strategy than yesteryear. I use to love the you've been tango'd ads.. Mainly because everyone went around school slapping you around the chops :D

Starter for 10: the new Nivea men advert with Lallana and co. CRINGE!

Also when Joe Hart used to do those shampoo adverts. Christ they were horrendous.

Skrtel in an advert for moisturiser. He's got a face like a pothole - can't work that one out

I liked that one!

The look on her face was so funny.

Ha, me too - that was a classic

Hofmeister, follow the bear was always a favourite when I was a kid. And Kia Ora - it's too orangey for crows, it's just for me and my dog. Brilliant

The soon to be Mrs Woodsy is in marketing, I try and avoid them now as she has been known to dissect them and get into the nuts and bolts of what they are saying. Wow, bore off love!

Any advert that relates to PPI.

I think the dumbasses who bought insurance when it wasn't needed should themselves be fined and spend their entire lifetime watching, listening to adverts and picking up phone calls from PPI companies due to the suffering they've inflicted on the rest of the population.

And every single one of the adverts have done their job on this thread alone. Marketing the company.

Very true.

However, if you are an uncompromising so and so (like me), then they may not achieve the result they are looking for.

Take the insurance comparison websites for example; all of them currently have shit adverts.

My take on it is that if you use them (reward them), they will strive to make an even shitter advert next time if they see it is reaping results. You only have to take into account that fat welsh opera singer, for example, for Go Compare.  

Therefore, I will use the website that has the current best least shit tv advert (currently the meerkats, I suppose), in the hope that others are doing the same. If the advertiser sees revenues falling, it won't take them time to work out why. Hope is they will address it and stop that particular advert.

Can anybody honestly say that bloody "crazy frog" advert some years back had a positive effect upon the advertisers revenues ?

******* annoying, and on during every single advert break. It didn't last long, did it ?

Archived