IGNORED

Andre Gray - 8 Million Pound Bid?

1960maaan

As mad as this is

It wouldn't shock me

I keep thinking of SLs obvious joy at having a trophy or two to parade last year and the look on his face

Then I think of how the stadium looks and how it will look next season and how SL mUst just have a slight concern that we could be opening it at home to Southend ( Not a panic after two games but just a slight concern in back of his mind after the joy of last year and the progression with AG)

Throw in his considerable wealth

Put yourself in his position..... Would you remain defiant and say 'we are sticking to the budget' whatever hapens' etc or would you say 'sod this' if it takes a few quid

When I say 'sod this'

I don't mean bring back Mr 'Stupid Question' !!!!!!!!!! ;)

Like Cynic I'm not sure why people are getting so stressed over paying these fees

As long as SL rubber stamps it (which undoubtedly he would have ) does anyone really think after all he's done and been through that Steve Lansdown would run massive debts up at the club and walk away

Not a chance

He's (Don't know him but all evidence suggests) a very decent bloke with very decent principles as far as I can see and seems to accept that if HE makes a mistake it will cost HIM

Just be thankful that we have a owner not only of his wealth but his integrity

Hang on tight

This could be fun !!!!!!

To be fair though, the complaint previously was that he had only had one good season. He looked composed on Saturday and can see this being another good year, so he is proven at this level.

The Gayle deal looked to be partly subsidised by the Bolasie money, and we will still get this money if he does go - so that is 3-4m towards this deal.

Overall, I don't think this will be a bad deal if we pull it off.

Have we actually got that sort of money to spend?

I assumed that the reaon we could offer so much for Gayle was that it was tied up with losing sell on money from any potential Bolasie trainsfer

I'm not 100% on ffp but believe its not really about transfer fees and more on wages vs some equation about turnover.

With Pelling around I'm sure we know what we're doing.

Got to agree with that, alongside I am not entirely convinced it is the area we are weakest in at the moment. Would like to see at least some rumours we are looking at other positions.

If this has any truth, then frankly it's a lot of eggs in one basket football wise - a bad tackle and injury early on and it all looks a bit sad.

There have been loads of rumours ,( i heard we were looking at Graham Parker )

Archived