IGNORED

Wilbs

DownendRed97

Can't fault him for effort or commitment and what he did last season was marvellous, but I really do think he is a bit too sluggish for the championship now at his age, really hope we get someone in to play in his role that's a bit sharper.

Will be a fantastic role model and give great advice if we do get in someone to take over his duties up top.

The way I see it is that Kodjia he seems to be making all the correct runs, just that our players arent putting him through, there were numerous times yesterday that he made great runs off the last defender only for the ball to be passes square. We need to hit teams on the break and putting Kodjia through and utilizing his pace is the best way of doing that.

The way I see it is that Kodjia he seems to be making all the correct runs, just that our players arent putting him through, there were numerous times yesterday that he made great runs off the last defender only for the ball to be passes square. We need to hit teams on the break and putting Kodjia through and utilizing his pace is the best way of doing that.

Spot on, not enough balls being threaded through to him last night, you can see he's one step ahead of our midfielders

Kodjia started brightly last night, but got progressively worse until he came off.  Disappointed in his performance last night considering I thought he had a good game on Saturday (again, before fading).

Having said that though, the boy needs time to settle down and he has already shown glimpses of what he can do.  He just needs to be more clinical when his chances come.

I'm still confident he will prove to be a good buy.

As for Wilbs, he does worry me.  I know teams need a nasty streak, but I do worry that his luck is always on the cusp of running out and he'll be sent off.  He's a very niggly player, often leading with an elbow or having a crafty kick out.  I can't see him playing the whole season and believe he will eventually drop to the bench, captain or not. Still knows where the net is though, but it's a lot to ask of him to keep pace for a whole season at this level.

Can't fault him for effort or commitment and what he did last season was marvellous, but I really do think he is a bit too sluggish for the championship now at his age, really hope we get someone in to play in his role that's a bit sharper.

Will be a fantastic role model and give great advice if we do get in someone to take over his duties up top.

I do agree, his link up play is great but he's just not got the pace and finishing to be a good striker at this level.

Either way I'd be perfectly happy for Agard to be main striker if he can continue to play like he did when he came on, clinical finish to boot.

if Agard was our main striker i'm pretty sure we'd go down. Good L1 player, not a player that can be in an established champ side IMO. Why would Rotherham let him go after being promoted?

if Agard was our main striker i'm pretty sure we'd go down. Good L1 player, not a player that can be in an established champ side IMO. Why would Rotherham let him go after being promoted?

Maybe they had different options for their striking setup. Like with other players lets at least give him a chance.

Thought he was quality against brentford, not quite so good last night but probably struggles playing 2 games in quick succession. Still a quality player I reckon.

I did say if he could continue his form of when he came on, had he not been injured he could have quite easily been up around 20 goals.

Cotts said though he's happy for Kodjia to have 60 mins and Agard 30 at the moment

thats the page i was on, but when he came on last night he looked different, an extra yard of pace and altogether sharper, first touch was great, almost looked like a new signing, one off maybe ? i dunno but im hopefull he can kick on from there.

Archived