IGNORED

"ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Bristol...city!"

OneCity

That the one where we Ole! each pass. Pass 1 - "OLE!"

.......................... hang on we'll get the ball back soon

.......................... Oh f&*k they've scored

Kick Off - "OLE!"

Im betting its not actually ole is it....... my boy is desperate to join in ! still it could be worse:

No we don't need anything longer.

I know I'm repeating myself but when has song/chant composed on otib ever been heard at AG?

I'm happy to stick to chants/songs that reflect our area and club. Songs like "drink up thee cider" and "I am a cider drinker". Ask pretty much any football fan what they associate with Bristol City fans and they'll reply "cider".

I know, Ive chatted to many fans all over the country and "cider drinkers" is a very common answer.

But that's longer than ole! ole! etc... 

don't get me wrong I think we should have the short ones too, it just gets a bit repetitive sometimes.

I thought we had quite a few different chants already

- "We all follow the City!"

- "Stand up if you hate the Gas!"

- "Addams (insert opposition team instead of Addams) Family!"

- "Cider!"

- "2 men went to burn" don't hear that one so much now since the Gas moved to the Rugby ground

- "Red Army!"

- "Stevie Cotterill's Red n White Army!"

- "C! I! T! Y! clap clap clap CITY! clap clap clap CITY!"

- "And its BRISTOL CITY! BRISTOL CITY FC, are by far the greatest team the WORLD! has ever seen" Had to finish with that one  :chant6ez:

Don't think we hear those often enough anymore.

Song for Kodjia :facepalm:

Jon, Jon, wherever you may be,

You eat frogs in your home country,

It could be worse, you could be Gas,

Eating rats in your council house!

Or if someone can make the last line rhyme better?

... eating rats in your caravans!

Still doesn't quite work, but more accurate.

I don't mind Ole Ole, for the reason stated by the OP I feel like it's quite unique to us, and is one that everyone joins in with whereas many other songs people don't. I do feel though that a song which we can maintain for a long time is definitely needed as it is very difficult to maintain a really good atmosphere when each song lasts a matter of seconds as it requires someone to start a new song every short while.

Whereas if we had a song that lasts a long time then creating an atmosphere that lasts would be a whole lot easier.

Song for Kodjia  :facepalm:

Jon, Jon, wherever you may be,

You eat frogs in your home country,

It could be worse, you could be Gas,

Eating rats in your council house!

Or if someone can make the last line rhyme better? 

Sing the last word in a cockney accent and it starts to rhyme a bit more.

I don't mind Ole Ole, for the reason stated by the OP I feel like it's quite unique to us, and is one that everyone joins in with whereas many other songs people don't. I do feel though that a song which we can maintain for a long time is definitely needed as it is very difficult to maintain a really good atmosphere when each song lasts a matter of seconds as it requires someone to start a new song every short while.

Whereas if we had a song that lasts a long time then creating an atmosphere that lasts would be a whole lot easier.

Red Army.

Archived