IGNORED

"ole! Ole! Ole! Ole! Bristol...city!"

OneCity

Whenever I hear that song (it's hardly a chant) I think of schoolboy or hockey matches, it sounds like a bunch of school kids waiting for their balls to drop. Absolute shyte, girly type song, unispirational and totally embarrassing. We need a rousing chant which is loud and doesn't sound weak like that one. There's only one that's ever come close to being loud, because it's hard to chant/shout "City" without straining your vocal cords and sounding like a girl, was the favourite chant of the seventies, "Bristol" with an extended B, as in "Ba-ristol". I know people won't like it but, shouting "City" just does not sound loud, the volume gets lost in the middle of the word.

Whatever gets sung is literally two verses and then everyone stops.

I always do my best to keep it going but it's almost like most people accept that as building the atmosphere.

Mind you, having said that, last night there wasn't much to cheer about until 89 mins and then the atmosphere was red hot but mostly shouts of encouragement rather than songs.

We are Bristol City

we are Under-manned 

Welcome to our city

The fairest in the land.

would you like to play for us

We could use a hand.

will you score a goal for us

and orchestrate our band.

Ole Ole ole ole

he's awfully awful,awful

Repeat ad nauseum

We are Bristol City

we are Under-manned

Welcome to our city

The fairest in the land.

would you like to play for us

We could use a hand.

will you score a goal for us

and orchestrate our band.

Ole Ole ole ole

he's awfully awful,awful

Repeat ad nauseum

change the fairest in the land to "don't ask for 20 grand " and you got a hit there pop pickers

I think we need something that's a bit longer; the longer ones tend to last longer as they're not as repetitive.

No we don't need anything longer.

I know I'm repeating myself but when has song/chant composed on otib ever been heard at AG?

I'm happy to stick to chants/songs that reflect our area and club. Songs like "drink up thee cider" and "I am a cider drinker". Ask pretty much any football fan what they associate with Bristol City fans and they'll reply "cider".

I know, Ive chatted to many fans all over the country and "cider drinkers" is a very common answer.

I thought we had quite a few different chants already

- "We all follow the City!"

- "Stand up if you hate the Gas!"

- "Addams (insert opposition team instead of Addams) Family!"

- "Cider!"

- "2 men went to burn" don't hear that one so much now since the Gas moved to the Rugby ground

- "Red Army!"

- "Stevie Cotterill's Red n White Army!"

- "C! I! T! Y! clap clap clap CITY! clap clap clap CITY!"

- "And its BRISTOL CITY! BRISTOL CITY FC, are by far the greatest team the WORLD! has ever seen" Had to finish with that one  :chant6ez:

I thought we had quite a few different chants already

- "We all follow the City!"

- "Stand up if you hate the Gas!"

- "Addams (insert opposition team instead of Addams) Family!"

- "Cider!"

- "2 men went to burn" don't hear that one so much now since the Gas moved to the Rugby ground

- "Red Army!"

- "Stevie Cotterill's Red n White Army!"

- "C! I! T! Y! clap clap clap CITY! clap clap clap CITY!"

- "And its BRISTOL CITY! BRISTOL CITY FC, are by far the greatest team the WORLD! has ever seen" Had to finish with that one  :chant6ez:

The majority of these deserve a huge ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ok, I see. You're looking for more.

How about we get on to the BBC and get Gareth Malone to come in and train the whole of Ashton Gate to sing Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings!"?

That be any better?

No. Worse if anything.

No one on here will get a new song/chant going at AG. We've never heard one yet.

I like the Ole chant - simply because the way we sing it is actually pretty unique to us.

We go up on the "city" part, whereas most clubs that sing it go down on the "city" part (if you know what I mean).

I don't actually hear many teams sing any version of it bar Yeovil.

Agreed. Ole Ole Ole gets sung louder and with more gust than most of our songs too.

Archived