IGNORED

Which One Player Leaving Would Break Your Heart?

Fordy62

Quite ironic then that your username is the waster that Lumsden spend all the money from the sale of "Super Bob" on..

I get the impression you don't look back very fondly on Dariusz? I bet if the forum was around then, you'd have described him as a conference player!

jacki produced one of (if not) the greatest cameo I've seen when he transformed that game against Wolves in the last 10 or so minutes. I was about 12 at the time, happy to have that memory of him thanks.

I get the impression you don't look back very fondly on Dariusz? I bet if the forum was around then, you'd have described him as a conference player!

jacki produced one of (if not) the greatest cameo I've seen when he transformed that game against Wolves in the last 10 or so minutes. I was about 12 at the time, happy to have that memory of him thanks.

Not a Conference player, a waster.

Six or seven good performances in exchange for a hard working, prolific scorer?

One of our worst pieces of business in the transfer market..

None would break my heart....but several would be significantly difficult to replace and gave an immediate positive impact.

So:

Ayling

Flint

Bryan

Reid

Freeman

Closely followed by :

Williams - the understanding of the back three is not to be under-estimated

Fielding - because personally I thought he wasn't good enough in 13/14 but thought be was brill last season, and again integral part of the back three (okay...four)

I'm with you SuperDziek(jack)...

...was as devestated as I have ever been on City matters when Taylor was sold to that **** Gould for a pittance...

... but the blow was softened when that pittance was spent on the (still) greatest player (IMO) ever to don a City shirt. Apologies to Atyeo fans... never saw him play, but legend though I understand that he was, I honestly doubt that he had the skill of Jacki.

I'm with you SuperDziek(jack)...

...was as devestated as I have ever been on City matters when Taylor was sold to that **** Gould for a pittance...

... but the blow was softened when that pittance was spent on the (still) greatest player (IMO) ever to don a City shirt. Apologies to Atyeo fans... never saw him play, but legend though I understand that he was, I honestly doubt that he had the skill of Jacki.

GrahamC won't be able to help himself.....;-)

While I agree, replacing what you know already works in a system that you know already works is never easy, its a big.

My point was that players come and go and over the years I've been upset when certain players moved on, Gow for instance.

But...as I've grown older I no longer get upset when the inevitable happens but I do get a little disappointed as I did when JET was released but the feeling soon passes.

Most players are ambitious and want to play at the highest level possible so them moving on from Bristol City is always going to happen to our better players.

Joe Bryan will move at some point probably to a PL outfit and whilst I'll be disappointed I'll continue to follow his progress from afar.

My point was that players come and go and over the years I've been upset when certain players moved on, Gow for instance.

But...as I've grown older I no longer get upset when the inevitable happens but I do get a little disappointed as I did when JET was released but the feeling soon passes.

Most players are ambitious and want to play at the highest level possible so them moving on from Bristol City is always going to happen to our better players.

Joe Bryan will move at some point probably to a PL outfit and whilst I'll be disappointed I'll continue to follow his progress from afar.

It's only taken about five years, but an actual sensible contribution! So you are capable!

Yep, how can anyone supporting City at the time have ever gotten over Jimmy Lumsden selling God to West Brom. still annoys me some 23? Years later!

I don't remember Bob Taylor's departure being that much of a surprise at the time.

After that injury against Crewe curtailed his 34 goal season he was never the same player for City again.

11 goals in 39 apps. the next season, and 5 in18 the following before he was sold.

His days as a goal machine at AG were over, he was fluffing a lot of chances he was sticking away in his City prime, was clearly lacking confidence and a change of club at that time was likely as much by his choice as Lumsdens.

I was a great fan of SuperBob and sad to see him go, but his relationship with the fans was nothing like as strong when he left as it had been 20 months before, and though he hit the heights again for 3 of his 6 seasons in his first spell at West Brom there was no indication at the time he would regain form so dramatically.

Will always be a City legend if only for the memories of that one fantastic season, with no doubt many more to come at AG but for that injury that not only denied City the title, but temporarily at least, robbed a great goalscorer of his confidence.

The only time I've seen us beat Wolves, he was superb. The flick over his head against Ipswich....he didn't do much, but what he did what superb. I'd pay double to watch players like Jacki, even on an off day you thought something ridiculous could happen anytime

Freeman, but closely followed by Smith.

Think we'd find it very hard to replace LF and not often we've had such a consistent creative player. With his ban, the upside is that he hasn't been in the shop window,so less likely that a bigger team will come in for him before the deadline!

I think KS is hugely underrated and the sort of player that we'd appreciate his importance more if he left. We'd then soon realise what a key component of the team he is/was.

Would also be gutted if Ayling, Flint or Bryan left. Not had such an affinity with the players for a long time, but last season was just incredible!

I don't remember Bob Taylor's departure being that much of a surprise at the time.

After that injury against Crewe curtailed his 34 goal season he was never the same player for City again.

11 goals in 39 apps. the next season, and 5 in18 the following before he was sold.

His days as a goal machine at AG were over, he was fluffing a lot of chances he was sticking away in his City prime, was clearly lacking confidence and a change of club at that time was likely as much by his choice as Lumsdens.

I was a great fan of SuperBob and sad to see him go, but his relationship with the fans was nothing like as strong when he left as it had been 20 months before, and though he hit the heights again for 3 of his 6 seasons in his first spell at West Brom there was no indication at the time he would regain form so dramatically.

Will always be a City legend if only for the memories of that one fantastic season, with no doubt many more to come at AG but for that injury that not only denied City the title, but temporarily at least, robbed a great goalscorer of his confidence.

Some decent points there and fair points there Nogbad - SuperBob did lose a bit of confidence or couldn't get firing on his return from the injury - but I can assure you that one of the reasons for a drop / low confidence was Jimmy Lumsden who for some reason I could never fathom never liked / rated him. I was privy to some of Lumsdens views at that time and also spoke to Bob Taylor.

If Joe Jordan had stayed I think SuperBob would have got back in the groove and got many more goals for us

What SuperBob needed at that time was somebody to put their arm around him and tell him he was the best goalscorer in England.

The fact that we never found as good / better partner for him as Robbie Turner didn't help

Sadly nor did some of the AG faithful who forgot his achievements and had become spoilt , and lo and behold began to moan and groan whenever he didn't stick a half chance away

The only time I've seen us beat Wolves, he was superb. The flick over his head against Ipswich....he didn't do much, but what he did what superb. I'd pay double to watch players like Jacki, even on an off day you thought something ridiculous could happen anytime

That applied to bars too

Fights / Teammates / pint glasses !!!!!!!!

My heart's never recovered fully from the tragic blow of the Goat leaving us right after we secured promotion.

Before we secured promotion wasn't it red dog - we signed Jason Roberts on loan and when that went sour that was the season we signed Sean 'Stocky' McCarthy on loan to help us over the line

Archived