IGNORED

Thoughts from a new fan

Thatwasclose

Recently moved to Bristol beginning of the year and now a proud new fan. I got my season ticket and have enjoyed going to the 3 home games played so far.

Soon after moving it didn't take long for me to realise there's was really only one team in Bristol, I mean, I heard there is another club around that wears blue but it's sounds like it's no better than a pub team to be honest.

Anyway, my thoughts below on the games I have attended.

• We outplayed Brentford and would have won if it were not for the red card
  • We got lucky against Leeds as they were very organised and almost had the perfect away performance. 
  • Build up play against Burnley was wonderful, some prem sides don't even move the ball that well however the final product disappointing. 

Players that have impressed me so far:

Bobby Reid - fantastic performance against Burnely. He was taking on players, good vision, nice touches, tricks and flicks. Essentially perfect perfomance playing at cam as he was always aware of what was going on around him and looked to link up with the forwards.

Kodjia - all three games watched he has been great. Very direct when he gets the ball he has one thought to drive forward. When we play teams with slow central defenders he will have a party. The clips on YouTube fron his Days if France showed me he is the real deal at this level, he hasn't put away everything yet but when he settles he will do very well.

Dissapointments

Wills - all three games I can't tell you what he has done that stood out for me. Maybe that's his role but after every game I'm left thinking he could have done more.

Tactical

Against Burnely I noticed the two forwards kept on occupying the same space, maybe it's because the pairing is still new but if that continues a lot more defences will have an easy day when we play them.

Not having bought any programs, from what I have seen we play 352. While it gives us great width it has left us wanting on occasion when the cbs push more forward than they need to.

Outlook

We have played 5 really good teams and have performed really well, we should aim for a top half of the table finish.

Attracting Players

If we keep playing attractive football and win games all will fall into place and players will start looking at us.

thats it from me for now

I agree with a lot you say,  I will with have to stick up for Wilbs. He brings a physical pressence to the team with a winning mentality a dash of nastyness. He also brings expriance in a young team , he link up play is very good and he is a threat in the air.

Recently moved to Bristol beginning of the year and now a proud new fan. I got my season ticket and have enjoyed going to the 3 home games played so far.

Soon after moving it didn't take long for me to realise there's was really only one team in Bristol, I mean, I heard there is another club around that wears blue but it's sounds like it's no better than a pub team to be honest.

Anyway, my thoughts below on the games I have attended.

• We outplayed Brentford and would have won if it were not for the red card
  • We got lucky against Leeds as they were very organised and almost had the perfect away performance. 
  • Build up play against Burnley was wonderful, some prem sides don't even move the ball that well however the final product disappointing. 

Players that have impressed me so far:

Bobby Reid - fantastic performance against Burnely. He was taking on players, good vision, nice touches, tricks and flicks. Essentially perfect perfomance playing at cam as he was always aware of what was going on around him and looked to link up with the forwards.

Kodjia - all three games watched he has been great. Very direct when he gets the ball he has one thought to drive forward. When we play teams with slow central defenders he will have a party. The clips on YouTube fron his Days if France showed me he is the real deal at this level, he hasn't put away everything yet but when he settles he will do very well.

Dissapointments

Wills - all three games I can't tell you what he has done that stood out for me. Maybe that's his role but after every game I'm left thinking he could have done more.

Tactical

Against Burnely I noticed the two forwards kept on occupying the same space, maybe it's because the pairing is still new but if that continues a lot more defences will have an easy day when we play them.

Not having bought any programs, from what I have seen we play 352. While it gives us great width it has left us wanting on occasion when the cbs push more forward than they need to.

Outlook

We have played 5 really good teams and have performed really well, we should aim for a top half of the table finish.

Attracting Players

If we keep playing attractive football and win games all will fall into place and players will start looking at us.

thats it from me for now

Welcome aboard but remember Dolly is mine

Yes, welcome to Bristol & some great points made.

I have thought for some time that our season would really start in September due to the lack of not being able to strengthen for one reason or another.

I must say that some of the football we've played has been arguably the best I've seen for a long time.

As far as Wilbrahimovic is concerned I thought the Burnley game was his best game for us so far this season.

I think making him captain was a mistake as I would like to see Agard given more game time as he looked sharp against dirty leeds.

That's  less likely with him made captain.

All this without one of our best players in Freeman so it bodes well for the rest of the season.

As far as I am concerned if Burnley are one of the favourites to go back up then we shouldn't be far behind, but it is only September & no league is won in September  . . . Unless you're part of the three toed Web fingered extended family from Swindle.

Archived