IGNORED

Bus Shuttle

bs3

On 5 September 2015 at 14:39, Aizoon said:

The one I got on Saturday went up Winterstoke Road, turned at the roundabout, back down Winterstoke Road and on to the flyover. Took ages.

The alternative being to dash across a dual carriageway to get it going the other way. Neither is satsfactory. 

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2015 at 09:56, marmite said:

Us older fans can remember the football specials running from all over Bristol to matches, City one week and Rovers the next. Don't know why they cannot be reintroduced on match days.

Too true! One of those services to AG started at Lockleaze, went down to Muller Road, turned left and went past Eastville picking up City fans all along the way. I know, I was one of 'em.

On 3 September 2015 at 21:42, TheBerkeleyBoy said:

What about the park and ride at Avonmouth? Should run a service from there to the ground - I know the bus runs up the portway but then heads off to the city centre via Hotwells

Your right of course, is the Ashton park and ride open for parking only on Saturdays?

watched a massive freight train pass along the rail tracks right next to AG today, literally yards from the ground, is there a passenger service? 

39 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Your right of course, is the Ashton park and ride open for parking only on Saturdays?

watched a massive freight train pass along the rail tracks right next to AG today, literally yards from the ground, is there a passenger service? 

Nah. Don't need it - we've got Red Trousers' Superbendybus!

What? That doesn't serve Ashton Gate either?

Way back when (prior to mass car ownership/usage for every damn trip people make) when people had legs and feet we used to walk meet up with others and jump on buses and coaches heading to The Gate.

It was a part of the collective group activity ritual of pre/post match matchday experience... the feeling of togetherness expectation and fun worked well, ocassionally we might be 'treated' to a lift which was nice but even then a little if the 'build up' was lost.

I reckon if more people had the opportunity to recreate some of what we had ... bus/coach, meet up and walk, collective travel prior to the game itself... leave the anonymity and isolation of the boring mundane car and frustrations etc of 'getting there' finding a space to park etc etc the match day fun could return for so many who have never experienced it... Its a tribal thing, collective joy after a win, laughs, songs chants etc can't be experienced in a car with a radio ... the fun, and the moans, groans etc that goes with winning or losing with a bunch of others heading home afterwards is pretty unique and mostly forgotten (or never experienced) in today's modern sanitised football.

Hop in a bus/coach get a bit if banter going and add a little extra to your match day fun.. Give it a go, make it happen - get the buses back, fill the pavements with supporters en masse again!  

PS ... It'd be fun to jump on local train services too of course.. if/when they return.  (Demand for these services in conjunction with what is clearly going to be a demand when our 'carpark' free Arena is up and running could make dedicated 'special event public transport' more than commercially viable.. doncha fink? :) )

Regarding this bus route, on the website it has four stops but does anybody know if the bus will stop throughout the areas?

For example the image below. These black dots, are these bus stops that City fans could go to? It may seem like a stupid question but it's been years since I've been on a bus!!

image.jpg

On 03/09/2015 at 15:15, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes!  and all the drivers had free admission.  Always remember watching them leave just before the end of the game to get into their buses ready for the fans.  I wonder if the early leavers from the Dolman stand are all ex bus drivers!

butler-get that bus out!

52 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Rebranded as the 24..

AH!   I remember it well.  I used to operate the 24 when I worked at Muller Road Depot, in those days it went from Lockleaze, Gainsbrough Square to Rookery Farm Estate in Whitchurch.  It was a good route, even though it went through St Pauls.  It was when CityLine ran Merc mini buses.  Those were the days.

12 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Regarding this bus route, on the website it has four stops but does anybody know if the bus will stop throughout the areas?

For example the image below. These black dots, are these bus stops that City fans could go to? It may seem like a stupid question but it's been years since I've been on a bus!!

image.jpg

Anybody know fellas?

On 03/09/2015 at 09:56, marmite said:

Us older fans can remember the football specials running from all over Bristol to matches, City one week and Rovers the next. Don't know why they cannot be reintroduced on match days.

I remember those.it ran from Southmead to Eastville £1 return.I wounder  if to give Dave Lloyd a call.to ask if possible. 1 also ran from the Centre to Ahston Gate same price

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

AH!   I remember it well.  I used to operate the 24 when I worked at Muller Road Depot, in those days it went from Lockleaze, Gainsbrough Square to Rookery Farm Estate in Whitchurch.  It was a good route, even though it went through St Pauls.  It was when CityLine ran Merc mini buses.  Those were the days.

Ahh, the City Dart. Or the poohy-guff if you were to give it the more childish name.

On 17/12/2015 at 22:05, Lew-T said:

image.jpg

The bus will stop at any bus stop along the route, the stops printed on the time table is for guidence only. 

On 03/09/2015 at 21:42, TheBerkeleyBoy said:

What about the park and ride at Avonmouth? Should run a service from there to the ground - I know the bus runs up the portway but then heads off to the city centre via Hotwells

Exactly! It's not like there isn't enough parking up there!

Archived