IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Quite a few saying Jacobs deserved the win? GGG not perform? 

5 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

@Stortz did golovkin deserve it

I gave it to him, just. The knockdown made all the difference imo. The first 2 rounds nothing really happened at all so how you scored those was debatable. GGG's jab helped swing it to him too, I don't think he missed with it all night.I had him 115-112, the same as two of the judges, but I wouldn't have grumbled if Jacobs got it, it was close.

I think there is a noticeable slight decline in GGG unfortunately, he needs to fight Canelo soon or it will be too late. Jacobs boxed very well and did a good job of keeping him at range and was switch hitting throughout the fight to try to keep Golovkin at bay, but I was really surprised by the latter's lack of urgency- he was happy to just stalk Jacobs looking for a big shot rather than the relentless attacking we're used to.

@yardy the whole card is on Boxnation at 1900. Watch Chocolatito v Rungvisai, it's a fantastic fight, but certainly not for the faint hearted or squeamish! If there was a robbery last night it was against Chocolatito imo, he landed 372 power punches out of 660 while Rungvisai landed 277 of 764. Cocolatito showed incredible heart to carry on fighting, he must have lost a pint of blood and Rungvisai has a mandible made of granite not to get ko'd.

Edit- state of Chocolatito

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

I gave it to him, just. The knockdown made all the difference imo. The first 2 rounds nothing really happened at all so how you scored those was debatable. GGG's jab helped swing it to him too, I don't think he missed with it all night.I had him 115-112, the same as two of the judges, but I wouldn't have grumbled if Jacobs got it, it was close.

I think there is a noticeable slight decline in GGG unfortunately, he needs to fight Canelo soon or it will be too late. Jacobs boxed very well and did a good job of keeping him at range and was switch hitting throughout the fight to try to keep Golovkin at bay, but I was really surprised by the latter's lack of urgency- he was happy to just stalk Jacobs looking for a big shot rather than the relentless attacking we're used to.

@yardy the whole card is on Boxnation at 1900. Watch Chocolatito v Rungvisai, it's a fantastic fight, but certainly not for the faint hearted or squeamish! If there was a robbery last night it was against Chocolatito imo, he landed 372 power punches out of 660 while Rungvisai landed 277 of 764. Cocolatito showed incredible heart to carry on fighting, he must have lost a pint of blood and Rungvisai has a mandible made of granite not to get ko'd.

Edit- state of Chocolatito

Chocolatito fight was brutal, fair play to both of them. Could of gone either way imo so a draw would of been fair.....GGG next!

20 hours ago, yardy said:

Chocolatito fight was brutal, fair play to both of them. Could of gone either way imo so a draw would of been fair.....GGG next!

GGG Jacobs fight was very close but i just don't think Jacobs done enough to take the belts from GGG, he fought really well against a below par GGG.

23 hours ago, yardy said:

Total slugfest wasn't it!

3 hours ago, yardy said:

GGG Jacobs fight was very close but i just don't think Jacobs done enough to take the belts from GGG, he fought really well against a below par GGG.

Yeah Jacobs executed his game plan perfectly even if it stopped the fight from really catching fire- his corner kept bollocking him whenever he got involved with GGG. I'm not surprised he was tempted to trade though, he skipped the IBF check weight on the morning of the fight because he knew he couldn't get near it and fight how he wanted to. As a consequence he couldn't have won the IBF belt even if he won the fight and probably stepped through the ropes weighing about the same as a light heavy.

It remains to be seen if GGG has peaked or whether he was just a bit out of ideas against someone so big and elusive. As a Southpaw with the ability to fight on his bike similarly Billy Joe Saunders will feel he has a chance of following the template if they fight in June in Khazakstan as it's being rumoured.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

press conference...makings of a decent fight 

I am well excited for it, 2 top level fighters meeting in their prime with a healthy dislike of each other!

The question is how much it'll take out of Kell to boil back down to 147. His team will hope they've got Spence before he is good enough to dominate the division, as many people expect him to.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Can't see it to be honest, probably stream it like the rest of the fights.

Cheers internet.

Fair play mate, I always get the PPV fights, that's why I found the chief support a 1/120 on exhibition featuring Katy Taylor a little underwhelming, but more fool me...

47 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Not sure wtf Gallagher was telling Morrison in the corner throughout there. Well deserved Welborn.

Agreed, Gallagher should have thrown towel in after 7. He was giving him a roasting after 5 saying people have paid good money to watch you fight so fight! 

• Like 2