IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

116-112 was a joke, I thought it was a complete shut out.

Burns looked slow and out of ideas; his determination and heart is what allowed him to get as far as he has in the sport rather than much skill but last night he looked dismayed from the start. I was pretty dissapointed in Indongo too tbh, he was swinging like a rusty gate. I don't know if the atmosphere got to him but if he boxed like that against a top quality opponent like Crawford he would get his clock cleaned within 3 rounds.

Josh Kelly was the highlight of the night for me, that was a seriously impressive debut. His reactions are great and he has a really exciting, crowd pleasing style. He was in with a much bigger genuine opponent rather than the crap Matchroom normally feed their fighters early on and came very close to taking him out. If he carries on like that he could be one of British boxing's biggest stars.

Finally, Anthony Crolla should not be allowed to choose what he wears on his own, that suit was an abomination!

Edit- good interview with AJ in the Guardian today

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/16/anthony-joshua-boxing-interview-wladimir-klitschko-fight-man-of-the-people?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

Burns got completely shut out last night, Indongo looked a real handful.

Some big fights on the horizon for Indongo.

How the hell can one of the judges vote it 116-112? absolute disgrace, i reckon its a very high percentage of judges that are way off the mark which considering they must have vast more knowledge and experience than me is truly shocking. It's not just boxing its ufc too.

On 16 April 2017 at 19:15, Super said:

Really good watch the gloves are off. Two class acts a credit to boxing.

Sky do big fight build-ups very well, looking forward to next week, as for the outcome, the question is how much has VK got left? A poor display v Fury, then a year chasing a rematch isn't the best preparation for this bout.

Klitschko is looking in immesnse shape for the AJ fight. If the fight goes past 6 rounds, which, with Wlad's spoiling tactics, it could, there's a chance AJ could gas out and Klitschko could achieve the upset.

AJ is very similar to Bruno in that respect. Muscular, explosive in the early rounds. But, as per the Whyte fight, the longer it goes on, the more you have to favour Wlad.

On 19/04/2017 at 21:13, Northern Red said:

Groves v Chudinov agreed for the Brook card, for the vacant WBA title.

Good fight, the Brook Spence card is excellent with that, Anthony Fowler's debut and The White Rhino going for the Commonwealth heavyweight title too.

10 hours ago, Super said:

Whats the rest of the card for next sat anything good?

Quigg v a guy Lee Selby beat, Luke Campbell v Perez who Crolla drew with then beat, Katie Taylor against an unbeaten German in an eliminator, and the three new ex- olympic pros Lawrence Okolie, Josh Taylor and Joe Cordina mate.

AJ looking very very quick and agile as well as enormous with McCracken here

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stortz said:

Good fight, the Brook Spence card is excellent with that, Anthony Fowler's debut and The White Rhino going for the Commonwealth heavyweight title too.

Quigg v a guy Lee Selby beat, Luke Campbell v Perez who Crolla drew with then beat, Katie Taylor against an unbeaten German in an eliminator, and the three new ex- olympic pros Lawrence Okolie, Josh Taylor and Joe Cordina mate.

AJ looking very very quick and agile as well as enormous with McCracken here

Wonder if my mate Paulie will be over for this one!

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

What is AJ's footwork like ? Is he going to be able to dance around Wlad like Fury did?

Will be fascinating to see whose jab comes out on top.

I think AJ's plan is to go straight through him rather than dance around!

42 minutes ago, Super said:

Wonder if my mate Paulie will be over for this one!

You're safe, he's calling it for Showtime! We have the delights of Deontay Wilder's vast wisdom.

• Like 2