IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

2 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

His losses made him switch trainers to Emanuel Steward who developed his 'jab and grab' style, wether your a fan of the brothers or not you've got to say, it was very effective...

Exactly mate, it was very effective, if shite to watch.

I wonder if we should be concerned about the American ref David Fields. He let Hopkins and Kovalev get away with murder when they fought at the end of 2014. Joe Cortez was talking about it the other day, let's hope he keeps an eye on Wlad:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2017/04/25/wladimir-klitschko-warned-jab-grab-disqualification-against/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Exactly mate, it was very effective, if shite to watch.

I wonder if we should be concerned about the American ref David Fields. He let Hopkins and Kovalev get away with murder when they fought at the end of 2014. Joe Cortez was talking about it the other day, let's hope he keeps an eye on Wlad:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2017/04/25/wladimir-klitschko-warned-jab-grab-disqualification-against/

Same as Floyd. Not particularly attractive boxing for the casual, but gets the job done.

• Like 1

Just watched the public workouts at Wembley. AJ looked calm and relaxed but wasn't throwing too fast or many combos. Chilling out bfore a big one tomorrow? 

Wlad on the other hand looked fast and displayed great movement.

Joshua also has just done an interview for the Daily Mail in which he admits most boxers lose at some point in their careers. With all the pundits tipping Wlad as the fight beckons, is there doubt creeping in for young AJ?

Bit of a strange one from Wlad at the presser just now; he has recorded his prediction for the fight on a usb stick which he's stitching into his robe for Saturday then selling to the highest bidder for his charity. He's obviously trying to get in AJ's head, he also butted in a question to AJ about defeat to subtly imply he'd soon be familiar with it. Wlad is incredibly relaxed.

AJ kept it simple, essentially 'I have no fear, we're coming to blows and may the best man win'. He looks very focussed but still calm.

There are rumours Wlad damaged his eye socket training last week too, interesting...

In other news Haskins to fight Burnett in Belfast in June

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Bit of a strange one from Wlad at the presser just now; he has recorded his prediction for the fight on a usb stick which he's stitching into his robe for Saturday then selling to the highest bidder for his charity. He's obviously trying to get in AJ's head, he also butted in a question to AJ about defeat to subtly imply he'd soon be familiar with it. Wlad is incredibly relaxed.

AJ kept it simple, essentially 'I have no fear, we're coming to blows and may the best man win'. He looks very focussed but still calm.

There are rumours Wlad damaged his eye socket training last week too, interesting...

In other news Haskins to fight Burnett in Belfast in June

Enjoyed the press conference. AJ looked calm but maybe slightly amazed by the sheer scale of this occasion. Obviously Wlad has been here before fighting in German footy stadiums so knows the score. Certainly won the mental battle.

The USB stick thing was a bit weird, especially if he's predicted that it's AJ who's the winner on there!

As for Haskins, great match up. Burnett is trained by Hatton and in front of a partisan Belfast crowd it will get some decent exposure.

• Like 3

Haha, the Furys are blaming their positive nandrolone tests on the entrails from the whole wild boar they eat every week:.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tyson-fury-ate-boar-every-10303972

Fair play to them, that is obviously bollocks but well thought out.

Maybe Hughie accidently ate too many 'boars' too close to his supposed trip to NZ eh!

• Like 1

Just now, Tomarse said:

Really can't call Saturday but I hope AJ really.

Think that'll be a tough fight for Haskins away from home.. then again he rarely gets to fight here.

Hoping i'm busy for the Haskins fight! Just a dreadful fighter to watch.

40 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

He'll stink it out as per usual. Even Hearn didn't put this one on Sky Box Office then :laughcont:

Haha, even the Belfast crowd will struggle to stay vociferous after a few rounds of Lee!

It certainly works for him though, boring though it can be to watch.

Joshua Klitschko weigh in about to start on SSN!

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Bellew and Wilder having it off at the weigh in.

In fairness Bellew and Wilder were being semi reasonable there, it was the weird little yank gonk in the hat who was giving it the big 'un. In any event, a welcome dash of people acting like ***** among an arrid wilderness of respectibility thus far haha!

All the SSN stuff coming from Wembley atm, I am getting proper excited! Surprised at how big AJ came in, I think it's fair to assume that he is not looking for a long night...

• Like 1

Loving this from Kevin Mitchell:

'Joshua will need all his focus because he knows, behind the grin and the strained bonhomie, that the ring is no place for levity. And that is why the chess-playing Klitschko, who has wiped the smile from 64 faces in 68 bouts stretching back to 1996, will have wondered about Joshua’s demeanour in recent days. Is that a nervous laugh he hears? Is this amiable prince playing games with him? Is there something he is yet to learn about Joshua, even though they have sparred many times?

All is not as it seems. When they faced off the previous day, Sky miked them up. Joshua turned his off and whispered: “I’m going to hurt you.”'

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/28/anthony-joshua-thrives-on-calm-before-storm-against-wladimir-klitschko

Thanks lads, hoping we play Huddersfield in the semis as we've already beaten them twice this season. A lot of people will be fancying Fulham as they're being portrayed as the form side at the moment, but we've won 6 in a row now (for the first time since 92/93 :laugh:) so it's us I suppose.

Not found any decent streams yet Stortz.

• Like 1