IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Surprised it wasn't stopped when he got up from the knockdown,he clearly wasn't sure where he was

Absolutely mate, especially in with such a dangerous fighter, I was shouting 'stop it' at the tv at that stage. Walsh was comprehensively outgunned.

Edited by Stortz

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Andre Dirrell's opponent got disqualified for punching after the bell in Maryland last night. It's fair to say Dirrell's uncle Leon was a bit pissed off...

He's looking at a potential 25 year stretch when he gets caught!

Yea that was pretty crazy, thing is how can he be on the run? Surely there was police there to arrest him?

19 hours ago, yardy said:

Yea that was pretty crazy, thing is how can he be on the run? Surely there was police there to arrest him?

I doubt there are any police in the venue and all the security were breaking up the brawl in the ring so he was able to leg it!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I see Daniel Dubois won again. Only 19 but insanely big and strong.. he's not far off Joshua in terms of size and he's 8 years younger. Tipped for big things and looks impressive. One to watch.

He looks 15 years older already doesn't he?! If he stays motivated he will go far. He put AJ down in sparing too

Edited by Stortz

6 minutes ago, Stortz said:

He looks 15 years older already doesn't he?! If he stays motivated he will go far. He put AJ down in sparing too

Watched that earlier actually, interested to see how he'll get on. Only 19 but no reason why he can't squeeze in a few more fights in 2017 and have 10+ by middle of 2018. A few people think his opponent at the weekend took a dive! Watched the replay a few times and I don't think so.

Tyson Fury also spoke very highly of him after recent sparring with Hughie and Tyson.

Edited by Phileas Fogg

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Even David Price managed that tbf!

I believe at the time, Price was a pro with a fair few fights and Joshua was an amateur still. Nonetheless, there's a fair few of these stories about Joshua getting knocked down in sparring.. I guess it's inevitable when he looks so dangerous in actual fights. 

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I believe at the time, Price was a pro with a fair few fights and Joshua was an amateur still. Nonetheless, there's a fair few of these stories about Joshua getting knocked down in sparring.. I guess it's inevitable when he looks so dangerous in actual fights. 

Bound to happen with the heavyweights I suppose. I'd imagine Joshua has put a fair few down whilst sparring!

9 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, the latest apparently being Lawrence Okolie while AJ was training for Wlad.

9 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Bound to happen with the heavyweights I suppose. I'd imagine Joshua has put a fair few down whilst sparring!

Exactly, you can't take a bath without getting wet!

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Not long now till Brook v Spence. Can't say I know much about Spence? but seems very highly rated (Floyd tipping him to win)

Spence does look the part, Brook doesn't seem to have a problem with southpaws though. Think it will be quite close, Brook at home, might tip the scales in his favour

On 24/05/2017 at 12:03, B1ackbird said:

Spence does look the part, Brook doesn't seem to have a problem with southpaws though. Think it will be quite close, Brook at home, might tip the scales in his favour

It's a 50/50 fight, I really hope Kell can pull it off. Serious undercard too, I can't wait for the Dave Allen fight

This interview is great and from about 20 minutes in is amazingly honest and moving. Let's go Dave!

#operationwhiterhino

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Super said:

Massive night for Groves as well, surely nowhere for him to go if he loses. Don't know much about Chudinov??

Wish Groves all the best, always admired his boxing style with the low/wandering left.

It took Bruno 4 attempts to win a World Title so it can be done by a fellow Englishman. Best of luck to him. Should he fail this time I don't see where else he can go, other than continue fighting domestically for other non-important titles.

40 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Wish Groves all the best, always admired his boxing style with the low/wandering left.

It took Bruno 4 attempts to win a World Title so it can be done by a fellow Englishman. Best of luck to him. Should he fail this time I don't see where else he can go, other than continue fighting domestically for other non-important titles.

Do you think he will win mate?

19 minutes ago, Super said:

Do you think he will win mate?

Only seen Chudinov fight once. Aggressive and come forward but if I was a betting man I'd go with Groves, far more slick/skillfull. Just hope the pressure of finally winning a world title doesn't get to him come fight night.

He could play it safe and outjab this guy to a victory.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Only seen Chudinov fight once. Aggressive and come forward but if I was a betting man I'd go with Groves, far more slick/skillfull. Just hope the pressure of finally winning a world title doesn't get to him come fight night.

He could play it safe and outjab this guy to a victory.

I wonder how many times we will hear Froch mention that he ko'd Groves!

25 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I do think Groves is looking a much better fighter now.  Think maybe his time.

Meanwhile ODH talking a load of sense here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40054489

I see the WBA said they wouldn't recognise the fight as 'official' either. They've suggested it should be an exhibiton match, similar to when De La Hoya and Moseley fought Shaq O'Neil.

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I do think Groves is looking a much better fighter now.  Think maybe his time.

Meanwhile ODH talking a load of sense here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40054489

He is talking some sense but he obviously has a massive vested interest in talking a rival promotion down which may well be very close to the GGG Canelo fight.

I think Groves will win too, I don't rate Chudinov very highly, he struggled to beat Frank Buglioni on points a couple of years ago and Groves is clearly a much better fighter than Frank. I don't think Chudinov is as good as Badou Jack and he's nowhere near Froch. It's only his 16th fight too.

It's just occurred to me how sad I am, it's 25 degrees and glorious out there and I'm sat inside waiting to watch the Brook Spence weigh in on SSN haha.

edit- both made the weight, and look ripped to shreds.

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

He is talking some sense but he obviously has a massive vested interest in talking a rival promotion down which may well be very close to the GGG Canelo fight.

I think Groves will win too, I don't rate Chudinov very highly, he struggled to beat Frank Buglioni on points a couple of years ago and Groves is clearly a much better fighter than Frank. I don't think Chudinov is as good as Badou Jack and he's nowhere near Froch. It's only his 16th fight too.

It's just occurred to me how sad I am, it's 25 degrees and glorious out there and I'm sat inside waiting to watch the Brook Spence weigh in on SSN haha.

edit- both made the weight, and look ripped to shreds.

Made me chuckle mate,if I was at home I would of been as well :laugh:

21 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Made me chuckle mate,if I was at home I would of been as well :laugh:

Good man!

Who've you got in Brook Spence mate? After the weigh in I'm slightly leaning to Brook- he looked great physically and I've never seen him so focussed and mean- but I wouldn't put much money on it.

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Good man!

Who've you got in Brook Spence mate? After the weigh in I'm slightly leaning to Brook- he looked great physically and I've never seen him so focussed and mean- but I wouldn't put much money on it.

So close to call,I would lean towards brook but a hell of a lot of experts think spence will win and a fair few think by stoppage