IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

I am a fan of Groves and really rate him. I even predicted he'd knock Froch down in their first fight and everyone thought I was mad.

HOWEVER, he's been in some tough old fights and I feel his best days are probably behind him.

I also rate Junior, he is an immensely talented boxer. I think he is the fresher of the two boxers and the more skilful and for those reasons I think he'll win on points.

15 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Will be won or lost on Groves jab

100% correct. If Groves can 'box clever' and keep Eubanks at bay/distance (akin to what BJS did) then a classy Groves points victory could be on the cards.

I just worry if Eubanks will be too much for him should he get on the inside. The kid is a monster, as his training videos back up. Plus it's well known that Groves gasses from Round 7/8 onwards.

On 12/02/2018 at 09:56, Super said:

Getting excited now about Groves v Eubank Jnr. How do you all see this going? Hoping Groves knocks him out!

It's such an exciting fight. In experience, size, power, jab and footwork Groves is obviously ahead, but can he cope with Junior's youth, speed and aggression?

If Groves can stick to a plan and not get drawn into exchanging with Junior I think he wins on points, as long as his slightly suspect conditioning holds up. If he does manage to win, then Junior really is on the verge of becoming the special fighter him and his dad have been assuring us he is.

Whoever wins this one, Mundo takes care of them in the final imo.

Edit- think we're singing from the same sheet @SARJ!

Edited by Stortz

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Am I the only one that's actually going to make a prediction then?!

Come on lads, I'm pointing a gun to your temple.....   :reaper:

I'll go Groves on points but wouldn't be surprised by any other result!

I fancy him to establish the jab and use his superior ring iq and the experience v Jack to stay out of trouble, but he'll have to withstand some ferocious pressure towards the end.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I'll go Groves on points but wouldn't be surprised by any other result!

I fancy him to establish the jab and use his superior ring iq and the experience v Jack to stay out of trouble, but he'll have to withstand some ferocious pressure towards the end.

Well done for getting yer plums out mate ;)

• Haha 1

Also very excited for the fight, can't beat an evenly matched domestic fight like this. 

Keep changing my mind but I'm going for Eubank on points. 

Much prefer Groves but it's probably better for British boxing if Eubank wins,  although I'll l be cheering for Smith against either if he makes the final. 

Edit - Eubank to win on a controversial split decision. 

Edited by Owl Visiting
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 11:29, Stortz said:

It's such an exciting fight. In experience, size, power, jab and footwork Groves is obviously ahead, but can he cope with Junior's youth, speed and aggression?

If Groves can stick to a plan and not get drawn into exchanging with Junior I think he wins on points, as long as his slightly suspect conditioning holds up. If he does manage to win, then Junior really is on the verge of becoming the special fighter him and his dad have been assuring us he is.

Whoever wins this one, Mundo takes care of them in the final imo.

Edit- think we're singing from the same sheet @SARJ!

Agree. I'm going for Groves on points, so long as he can avoid a full blown tear up.

• Like 1