IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

14 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Seems like Quigg has somehow regressed as a fighter since leaving Gallagher for Roach. 

He's certainly appeared more reckless, especially in the last fight- although he obviously had zero respect for Yefimovych's power.

Valdez is a very dangerous opponent for him and Quigg needs to step on him from the first bell, he can't afford to give up the first 5/6 rounds like he did against Frampton. It could be an absolute war because Valdez won't take a backwards step. It's a similar situation to Brook/ Spence imo, Quigg is hoping he's got Valdez before he gets too good and Valdez's team see Quigg's scalp as underlining how good their boy is becoming. Really looking forward to this one, I wouldn't put any money on it but I've got a feeling Quigg may confound the bookies and pull it off.

4 hours ago, Stortz said:

He's certainly appeared more reckless, especially in the last fight- although he obviously had zero respect for Yefimovych's power.

Valdez is a very dangerous opponent for him and Quigg needs to step on him from the first bell, he can't afford to give up the first 5/6 rounds like he did against Frampton. It could be an absolute war because Valdez won't take a backwards step. It's a similar situation to Brook/ Spence imo, Quigg is hoping he's got Valdez before he gets too good and Valdez's team see Quigg's scalp as underlining how good their boy is becoming. Really looking forward to this one, I wouldn't put any money on it but I've got a feeling Quigg may confound the bookies and pull it off.

Quigg has certainly been in with far better fighters than Valdez and roach is a far better trainer than gallagher,sounds ridiculous but last chance saloon for Quigg 

1 hour ago, daored said:

Seems like since defeat to frampton has really effected  him, like you said normally such a model pro

He's still been a complete gym rat even since the Frampton loss. You literally couldn't find a more dedicated fighter, he leads the life to the nth degree.

Something has obviously gone majorly wrong in camp but I cannot believe it was anything to do with Quigg's attitude. Freddie Roach rates him one as the most dedicated fighters he has ever seen!

Edited by Stortz

21 minutes ago, Stortz said:

He's still been a complete gym rat even since the Frampton loss. You literally couldn't find a more dedicated fighter, he leads the life to the nth degree.

Something has obviously gone majorly wrong in camp but I cannot believe it was anything to do with Quigg's attitude. Freddie Roach rates him one as the most dedicated fighters he has ever seen!

That’s my point, hearing him speak he appears absolutely devasated. Like you say something has gone wrong in the camp 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

They are not fighting for a belt now so Valdez will keep it,the big fight is Garcia v lipinets tonight 

Apparently not "The Bury fighter will be fined 20% of his purse and, should he win, the title will become vacant." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43350142

I just wondered who will fight for it in the event of this happening.

27 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Apparently not "The Bury fighter will be fined 20% of his purse and, should he win, the title will become vacant." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43350142

I just wondered who will fight for it in the event of this happening.

How can that be allowed to happen,it’s disgusting isn’t it,if it’s not a title fight through no fault of vardez then how can he lose the belt if he was to lose 

13 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Morning all...

Spose Vardez still fancies the win.

Didnt one of the Smiths fail to make the weight on the road in similar circumstances a while back?

Hi mate, yeah it was Paul when he fought Andre Ward a couple of years ago.

Liam also missed it for the first Williams fight

• Like 1

Madness from Quigg last night. He was made to look like an amateur for most of the evening and finally buzzes Valdez in the 11thand he looks like he may go so Scott promptly punches him in the nuts to give him a break! If Quigg had an IQ greater than 87 he could be so much better. There's no doubting his heart- shattered nose and he fought on- but he is seriously thick.

Thought Valdez looked decent but I'm not buying into the hype about him just yet. He is very, very quick but sometimes the combinations are more flashy then hurtful. He showed incredible heart too, he broke his jaw and lost 2 teeth in the ring and gave not a bugger.

Great fight though, entirely the war we were expecting. I thought Quigg and Roach may have had a better plan than 'walk at him in straight lines barely moving your head' tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stortz said:

Great fight though, entirely the war we were expecting. I thought Quigg and Roach may have had a better plan than 'walk at him in straight lines barely moving your head' tbh.

Almost like Quigg had to be constantly reminded to move his head and exit at an angle, needed to keep him on the ropes but was not willing to/unable to do so..