IGNORED

The Boxing Thread

joe jordans teeth

Never expected the Whyte and Chisora fight to be so good! They both deserve a lot of credit that was the best heavyweight fight i have seen for years!

As for AJ.....Eddie Hearn needs to learn from this fight. You can't put a guy in there with AJ that doesn't believe they can win, someone will get hurt badly. Molina was standing off AJ and playing straight into his hands, if you're going to do that you are going to get hurt.....especially if you don't believe you can win!

Can't wait to see AJ vs Wlad, i think AJ has too much for a out of prime Wlad but Wlad will believe he can win and will test AJ's chin....!

6 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

Degale v Jack, seems to be a tough ask, but James doesn't seem to worry about fighting away from home and if Groves hadn't switched -off at the end of the first round v Jack he would've taken the decision.

I fancy Chunky to win actually mate, as long as he doesn't slip into his usual routine of taking a few rounds off in the middle. Jack is pretty limited and was lucky to get the nod against Groves I thought.

Latest update from La La Land aka Eubank Fantasy Island:

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/chris-eubank-jnr-moves-to-super-middleweight-and-announces-pay-per-view-fight/

Who in their right mind will go for that as a PPV?! They'll be lucky to get 500 buys imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

Oh Brook v Khan for 2017 might happen. I'm all for Brook putting Khan away for good..

Have you seen that somewhere, or are you just hopeful mate? I would love to see Brook do for Khan too, there is no doubt in my mind that he would.

First Presser from Wembley at 1pm!

Edit- I reckon Eddie is getting goosebumps multiplying all those seats by £300, £200, £100, etc!

Edited by Stortz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, yardy said:

Charles Martin thinks he can knock out some of the best heavyweights in the same night!

Smoking does not make you hard kids!

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=PEcvD08W4zQ

Haha, wtf?!

I reckon that little blunt must have been a chaser after 9 pipes of crack.

STFU Charles, you were the worst heavyweight champion in the history of boxing.

• Like 1

Been looking into AJ v Wlad Wembley tickets. To have a half decent view (which doesn't involve looking at the big screen all evening), you have to be prepared to part with £200 sheets minimum.

No thanks pal, I'll watch up the Lions in HD surrounded by easy access beverages and young women of questionable virtue. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Rumours of Groves v DeGale II at Emirates also. For me, that's a much bigger fight, especially if both parties win their respective World Title bouts beforehand.

If that fight was staged at the Emirates there would be tens of thousands of empty seats.

Neither of them are very well followed, they'd struggle to sell out much more than the O2 unless it was an incredible card. The first fight certainly wasn't a great advert for a second either!

5 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Groves looks a better fighter these days but I'm with you that it'd be better like White/Chisora just second to something else 

That will never happen,chisora/whyte was only for British heavyweight title before that was withdrawn. Makes no business sense for sky to make it a undercard fight if both are holding belts when it could be a ppv fight on its own

On 18 December 2016 at 12:43, Tomarse said:

So Eubank Jr has a pop at Billy Joe Saunders saying he'll be fighting in leisure centres for rest of his career... two day later it's announced he's fighting himself in Lee Valley Leisure Centre :facepalm:

How ITV are going to sell this one is beyond me 

I think it'll depend on how they price it Tom.

A pity he didn't fight GGG. I'm sure it would have been a better fight than Brook...

On 12/18/2016 at 12:43, Tomarse said:

So Eubank Jr has a pop at Billy Joe Saunders saying he'll be fighting in leisure centres for rest of his career... two day later it's announced he's fighting himself in Lee Valley Leisure Centre :facepalm:

How ITV are going to sell this one is beyond me 

Have to agree with Tomarse.

I'm a big Eubank Jr fan, find him exciting and a genuine talent who will undoubtedly be a world champion at some stage. But lately his publicity and social media acts, alongside embarrassing quotes, have made him go down a great deal in my estimations.

To slate BJS for Leisure Show fights, then announce one yourself is embarrassing hypocrisy. 

As for this new PPV ITV Box Office channel, what a joke, don't know who's actually going to pay for this fight. I'll watch it.........for free, via the joys of HD Kodi streaming.

47 minutes ago, Super said:

Santa Cruz will have more fans than he did for the first fight, will be interesting because he threw a lot of punches whilst losing to Frampton.

Still expect Carl to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Santa Cruz will have more fans than he did for the first fight, will be interesting because he threw a lot of punches whilst losing to Frampton.

Still expect Carl to win.

I agree with you, Frampton will beat him by a wider margin this time imo. Delighted to see it again though, the first fight was exceptional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I'm pretty sure ITV will pull the PPV part down. It's only for the main fight as well - rest of the undercard is free on ITV4!

Best thing Eubank Jr could do is part ways with his dad and get some proper guidance. Otherwise I feel he'll ruin his potentially decent career. Like you I still rate him and think he was unlucky against BJS.. but his dad is not helping him one bit at the mo.

His performance in the first Saunders fight was bizarre, he did next to nothing in the first half.

I still don't think he carries enough single punch power to be a top level operator either. It's all well and good unloading showy uppercuts from all angles on British standard opposition but you don't get that many shots at a truly elite fighter- and there's some real leather coming back.

You're right Tom, the quicker he gets a proper manager the better. The trouble is getting around Senior, Hearn says he's never even had a proper conversation with Junior despite promoting him many times.